Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween

I have one word for Halloween this year: UGH! I don't mean to be so bah-humbug-ish, but it was just one of those kinds of years.
We did have some fun one night when Kirk went on a campout (he's the new Scoutmaster - fun!) with Sara and Miss, making some crafts and dressing up.



Reminder to self: This is the last year that I'm going to make my girls costumes! Seriously this time! None of them turned out great - especially for the amount of time that I spent on them.
But, the girls had a good time. The older girls went trick-or-treating with their friends Lauryn and Maddie. This was Marissa's last year to dress up and trick-or-treat, so she thought she had to go all out.
Lizzie was Batgirl, except by Halloween night she had lost her bat mask, so she was maybe just a bat dancer or something. Brynn was a witch, and loved to make a witchy face for every picture.


Noelle was a ladybug, or something with "sexy fairy wings" like the worker at JoAnn's said.
Marissa was Rapunzel, and had been planning her costume down to the smallest details for the last two months. Too bad when I was making her dress, I accidentally got a pattern for little girls, then still tried to use it and make it while she was at school, resulting in a horribly fitting wanna-be prom dress. Then she ordered a 5 foot long blond wig online, envisioning Rapunzel's long beautiful hair. She tried to brush it and braid it, but it ended up just getting totally tangled up, so much so that she ended up just throwing it away and using the long yarn braid we've had forever.
I think they all got enough candy to make all the heartache worth it though.

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

Ugh is the perfect word for Halloween. I'm totally the Halloween Grinch. Hate it. But it looks like you made it super fun for your girlies. They are so funny!