Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween

Halloween has come and gone, so maybe I should blog about it.  This year was fairly lame in the costume department.  Liz had wanted to be a painter, the kind with overalls and a paint bucket to collect candy in.  Well, surprisingly, white overalls are hard to come by, since we don't live in the '80's.  She had a hard time understanding why I didn't want to shell out $40 for overalls to splatter paint on.  So I was a mean mom and just made her pick something out of the costume box, and she decided on being a darling Little Red Riding Hood.  She even had goodies in her basket when she went to her activity day party. 
 
Then Brynn had wanted to be a '50's waitress, complete with rollerskates.  I decided we didn't want any broken arms, since she doesn't have or know how to rollerskate, so she found a flapper dress and got to be a flapper girl instead. 

 
Marissa and Noelle thought they were funny when they dressed up like Dora and Diego for our ward trunk or treat.  I made them backpacks with faces on them to make them official.
 Kirk also needed to dress up for work, so he dressed up like the guy from the Asian band that sings "Gangam Style" and got his team to dress up like others in the music video.  Kirk amazingly looked just like him!  We got a white suit coat and tried to dye it, but polyester apparently doesn't dye, so we ended up spray painting it.  It was so disgustingly stiff.  Then I sewed the black trim to it and made a cute little bow tie.
 We went out to Kirk's office where they were having a family party thing where the kids could come trick or treat to everyone in the office.  Kirk's team had come up with a pretty impressive dance like in the music video that they showed us.  (Sounds to me like they have too much time on their hands at work...)  Kirk won for "Best Costume" out of the whole office for the third time in four years. 
 
My poor kids have the most boring mom who never dresses up.  Each year I say that next year I will, but I just don't like to.  I'll just enjoy everyone else's costume. 
 

No comments: