Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Addition to the Nielson Family!

It's Marissa's birthday tomorrow, and all that she's wanted for the past several years of birthdays is a dog. She is a true animal lover, which is evident in her favorite TV show: Animal Cops 911. Well, truth be told, I'm not a dog/animal lover or even liker or even tolerater really, but I couldn't help but think how fun it would be to surprise Marissa for her birthday with a dog. So we decided to bite the bullet and we got a little Yorkie puppy. Kirk and I are crummy with surprises, we just can't wait things out, so we ended up giving Marissa her puppy a couple days early.
She was so excited! She started crying she was so happy. It was well worth the puppy breath kisses I had to endure.
So we're trying to find a name that will suit him. Our/Marissa's ideas are: Buddy, Champ, Rocky, or Brownie. Kirk wants it to be something like Kenny, or Craig, or Mike. I'm totally up for suggestions though.
I liked our little dog alright last night, until about 3:13 AM this morning when he started howling outside, and didn't stop until we let him in at about 3:45. I'm sure our neighbors loved him too.
The girls all woke up extra early (hence the morning faces and the possesed puppy faces in the picture) because they wanted to see how the puppy did last night. We'll see how long this excitement lasts. What fun!

10 comments:

heather said...

What nice parents!!! Marissa looks so happy with her new puppy! Tell her Happy Birthday for me!

Aspen said...

Wow, double digits. What a big girl you have! You are such a nice mom. My kids have been begging for years too but I'm not nearly as nice as you. That is one adorable puppy though!

Kahanu said...

You guys are so nice! Marrisa looks so happy! Happy Birthday! My kids have wanted a dog forever but Kalei is allergic-whew, I'm saved(can you tell I'm not really a dog person either).

The Jones Fam said...

Amy votes for Brownie. I, on the other hand, am rather fond of Craig.

Jake

The Jones Fam said...

Happy Birthday Marissa!! You have really, REALLY nice parents!! Craig would be good, except that is what we are thinking of naming our baby...:) I'm kidding.
-Nat
ps I love that Marissa cried! She is a true Jones...I have a feeling she might not have been the only one to tear up!

Tanya and Tony said...

WOW! Now's just the beginning! Did that dog come with a warning? Our first dog didn't, and now we just got our dog a dog to see if it will help him shut up and behave! Good luck! Names? We try to start out with something nice like Rudy, but often turns to Jerk, Stupid, etc. . . Call me! Let's do lunch, for reals!

HooHoo said...

How about Cliff - in memory of Cliff Evans? Then Rissa could write poems about him that start with: I like dogs, they sit on their paws... or something like that.

I think Kirk had more fun than a little picking him out. He is pretty cute, even for the not so dog lovers. How did he do last night? Is he getting used to his new environment?

Maybe he and Bruce could go to the dog park to play.

nicole and kevin said...

What ever you do, don't choose Charles. That's our next dogs name.
I also want to rename Bruce. I think he looks more like a Splinter. Do you think he would notice if we just started calling him something else? Or would that give him identity problems?

Tara Fisher said...

Isabel is sitting next to me and yelling "they got a dog!!! I want to go over and see their dog." She is so jealous. She really wants a pet, but Keith and I keep telling her that Alexa and Dad are allergic. Thank Heavens!

Kristene said...

My suggestion is for George! I Love that name for a dog and it suits him too. We have a dog Named Zoe from Sesame Street! Good Luck! We had to give our 1st Bowler Family dog Molly away, she needed more room and things we couldn't give her. But luckily I gave it a try again and now we have the best dog ever!