Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Halloween- a week late...

So, we had a great Halloween. I have to admit, Halloween kinda kicks my butt. I start out loving it and thinking it's a fun, spooky holiday, but by about Wednesday this year, I was feeling the stress of costumes, parties, too much candy, and was just ready for all the fun to be done.

We recycled Brynn and Lizzie's costumes this year, so that was great. We had a cute ladybug

and a fabulous Rapunzel, who kept dragging her long long hair on the ground.


Noelle tried to think of the prettiest costume that's appropriate for a 8 year old (princesses are for babies), and Little Red Riding Hood made the cut, mostly because she could carry a basket to collect all her candy.

And Marissa was a nerd, which came all too natural for her. A cute nerd, though.

Kirk had to dress up for work, it had to do with some fund raiser for United Way, so he thought and thought of costumes, but didn't come up with anything until Thursday night. So, I was up late sewing and putting together this Lt. Dangle costume. (I know Mom is sighing and rolling her eyes right now. Sorry, Mom.)

Then bright and early Saturday morning, we took off to Las Vegas to go to the wedding of Kirk's cousin, Brittini.

It was such a fun party, with most of Kirk's cousins coming to the event from all over. Brittini has been living in Nashville, working on her Country Music career, where she recently released her debut album and music video. She is so talented and it was fun to hear her sing at the wedding, she is also so super genuine and nice, my girls were instantly in love with her.

Brittini and her new husband, Carlos, with Kirk's brothers, Ty and Kam and his wife, Rhiannan.
The girls took turns carting around whoever's bouquet they could find.

They also danced and danced, shaking their booties all night.

While in Vegas, we had to stop at a Philipino restaurant, since there's a 'good' one there, according to Kirk. Their Lumpia is almost as good as Kirk remembers it being. I tell him that the reason all the food tasted so good to him while he was on his mission was because he was basically starving, so anything that wasn't pig intestines or dog meat tasted good.


One more exciting event at the Nielson house...

Liz lost her first tooth!! She pulled it out at school, and managed to get it home in a plastic baggie, but promptly lost it at the park right after school. She wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy, and was happy that the Tooth Fairy still delivered. Thank you Mrs. Tooth Fairy where ever you may be.

10 comments:

MeL said...

ALY!!! I haven't seen you in seriously ages! Your girls look fantastic, and I love Rissa and Belle's costumes, seriously so fitting. So um let's hang out and play really really soon!

Tanya and Tony said...

Seriously could those girls be any cuter? You are so amazing at costumes! I really need to you live closer to me so you could help me in my times of need! I'll call ya to set up lunch!

Devin said...

Tooth Fairies are the best. They even give you money without a tooth. I might be stealing your post idea of Halloween a week late because I'm kind of behind on my blogging. So, thanks in advance!

The Fletchies said...

...said laura. SORRY!

brooke romney said...

Trip looks great and why couldn't you let Noelle be something a little more her style like...um, Britney Spears or a Bratz doll maybe?

The Jones Fam said...

Hey Al, I miss your cute family! Looks like another successful halloween! I love that you sewed your husband a costume too! That is truly domestic! It reminds me of when my mom would sew ties for my dad out of the same material as her dresses so they could match! I bet your mom did that too....it's cool, mom Jones!
-Nat

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Love the post, love the costumes, especially Kirk's, love your family!

Jenny Hogle said...

Muahaha I love marissa's costume! I'd say she's the most jonesish. All your girls looked very cute though. And way to go on kirks costume, quite amazing.

Ipuna Black said...

Aly, it turns out we will be coming your way for Thanksgiving. I sent you an email. I'll give Kirk a call. I know that Kobi and Xayla will have a ball hanging with your girls. We are very excited to see you guys.

KC

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Hey so we, the Reid Jones's, are going to be in charge of the cousin party this year. And we were thinking Dec 14th? A Sunday? Let me know your thoughts...