Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's Up

October Happenings:

We carved pumpkins for FHE the other night. We had older girls work with Kirk and younger girls work with me. Kirk, Marissa and Noelle did the classic cute jack-o-lantern. Brynn wanted to do a “pretty pumpkin” so we tried to make it fancy, but it ended up just looking 'pretty' weird.

I finally finished finalizing the primary program. We have more than 100 kids in primary and I’m adamant about them all having a speaking part – so our program will probably be like 4 hours long – anybody want to come? :)

I took our car in to get the A/C fixed. It’s lame that we even need the A/C these days – isn’t it supposed to be fall? The airbags were also having issues, and the part that they need is on back order, so they gave us a sweet minivan as a loaner until they can get it all fixed - which they said might be a week or two. I have to admit, I’m almost sold on the ease and convenience of a minivan, but I think it adds 10 years and 30 pounds to my appearance.


We finished up Marissa’s science project. It was on how raindrops form. I didn’t quite understand how it all worked, even after Kirk explained it to us in what he called 4th grade terms, but I helped her make her poster board sure look cute. She did a great job on it and on her presentation too.

6 comments:

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

We desperately need you to add 10 years and 30 pounds to your appearance so you'll blend in with the rest of us. Love the pumpkins!!

The Jones Fam said...

Minivans are the new SUV. And they make the drivers look extra hot, hip, and happening! We seriously love our minivan. And I know you're making fun of me right now for saying that! Sorry about your crappy car luck. Don't you hate car repairs?

Ahh, Marissa is a girl after my own heart with her interest in weather. If I had to go back and choose a non-medical career, I would either be a meteorologist or greenhouse worker. But I'm with you, Al, I don't get all the scientific stuff about weather!

Your jack-o-lanterns are awesome. The "pretty one" is my favorite! Did you name her? She's beautiful. Miss you guys!

Jake

The Jones Fam said...

I like how defensive jake was in his comment on minivans. I read it and just silently agreed that, yes, I did give up ten years of my life and weight when we got a minivan. But I don't think I would trade it.

Love the pumpkins and Rissa's fun weather project.

San Diego looks so fun too! If your going to trade your car in go for that six seater bike! That thing is awesome!

-Nat

brooke romney said...

Love all the stories...and I'll be there at the primary program, loving every minute of it.

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

we are in the final stages of prim. program here. i was so excited to hand off my prim. prog. preps to another in our move to OR...well the joke was on me- guess who's stressn' away at it?? and like you, i feel like every little one should have a speaking part! thankfully i don't have 100 tho. only 1/2 as many!!! hope yours goes well!!!

your pic on a boat & comment about sea sickness...i'm feel nauseous just sittn' here reading it. i feel for you!

i'm totally gonna steal your "camp riss" idea! that is super cute! love the invites- movie out doors with smores- camp riss tshirt! love it!!!!

have a great nov.!

Matt and Vanessa said...

What cute pumpkins you carved. I love fall, now only if it would show up. Sounds like you have lots going on, us too. Happy Fall :)