Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Fun!

This time of year is when we are all so glad we live in beautiful AZ. I seriously feel like I need to be taking advantage of this great weather and be living outside.
This last week Kirk and I celebrated our 15th anniversary!! Wow! For the past several years (since the flooded out 10th anniversary in Hawaii), we've been planning our 15th yr anniversary outing. We thought Tahiti or Costa Rica would be awesome, but then we scaled it back to maybe Hawaii, San Francisco, or New York. Then things got scaled back even more and we were thinking just a weekend away somewhere like San Diego or in the very least Scottsdale or something. Well, guess how we celebrated our special day? We went to lunch and a Diamondbacks Spring Training game, then mutual and scouts, then in bed by 9:30. Man, we are old and totally un-fun!!
The game was fun though, and we enjoyed the nice outdoor weather by sitting on the lawn, enjoying these people in the pic below (topless guy on his stomach and older lady in a bikini top and short shorts) right in front of us lathering each other up with sunscreen every five minutes. Awesome!

It's always fun to be with Kirk, even if it's just staying here! I'm so glad we've had 15 awesome years together and look forward to eternity with him!!


Kirk and the girls slept out on the trampoline one night last week. Actually Lizzie didn't because she had fallen asleep before they got out there, and then couldn't be convinced in her semi-awake state to go and sleep outside. I can't say I blame her. I was actually rather happy that she was sleeping inside, because that meant that I "had" to sleep inside with her, just in case she got scared or something. I took one for the team here for sure!


Then on Saturday we went out to Gateway Airport's Aviation Day. There were tons of planes and helicopters around that you could check out. Here the girls are sitting inside some sort of a huge army plane that they are standing by in the next pic.


There were also some planes flying around doing tricks.


Marissa decided that it would be cool to sport these fake glasses (without lenses). I guess that is cool?

The girls had a great time checking out all the planes and also going by all the booths to see what they could get for free. Lizzie got a truckload of pencils. (As a side note, Liz is totally into pencils these days. She loves to get them and sharpen them. As a side to that side note: She recently was having a contest with one of her friends of who could fill up a pencil box with pencil shavings first. I'm pretty sure she didn't win because she kept leaving the half filled pencil box on the floor or counter or some other inopportune place and it kept getting spilled on the floor.)

Also this weekend, my brother Chris came to visit from Salt Lake, which warranted lots of fun family time. My other brother Jake and his family came up from Tucson on Sunday so we could all be together! Any time we are all together we have to get sibling pics. Here's the standard oldest to youngest picture.

Then we had the standard hands on hips tallest to shortest pic. (I'm not sure when this started being a tradition, but it always gets done.) Too bad I'm the shortest and almost the oldest in my family. Whaa!

One last fun thing. My older girls had a sleepover with their best-ies, Lauryn and Maddie. They are such great kids, we will pretend they're ours any time! They are great to always include the little girls and let them play too.

They all thought they were superstars and played Karaoke Revolution forever. Do you want to guess how many times I heard the Miley Cirus song? Ugh!

Great times all in all!!

2 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

You're alive! So happy to see some updates and you look awesome by the way. There's no way you are almost the oldest, but the shortest, I can't argue with :)!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

The pic of you and your siblings is so cute. You guys all look the same age, like sextuplets. Seriously!