Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1st Day of School



Who says Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year? I'd have to say that the beginning of the school year is one of the best times of the year. We've had a fun summer, but the girls were excited to go back to school. (And maybe I was ready to have a house that stayed clean for longer than 2 minutes.)



After tons of thought and prayers, we decided to move Marissa to Highland Junior High this year. She's had a good experience at Gateway, but I wanted her to go to a bigger junior high where she could meet new friends and have more opportunity for classes. She switched over with her best friend, Lauryn, so it made it easier. I've already been super impressed with the teachers and administration, and she's making tons of new friends.



Lizzie is a big 3rd grader this year. Her teacher is Mrs. Lucchese, one of our favorite teachers at Gateway! She didn't have hardly anyone in her class from last year, but has a few girls from the ward in her class, so that should be fun!


Brynn is in 1st grade! She was excited to wear her outfit she said looked like Olivia the pig, with her striped leggings and skirt. She looked super cute! The verdict is still out for her about whether she likes school or not. She is definitely not a fan of homework. We'll see how it goes all year.



Noelle is officially a middle schooler now. She has five different classes and five teachers to woo. One of her best friends had moved to a different school last year, but now she's back, so the Three Amigos: Noelle, Kayla, and Maddie are back together. Noelle is in student council this year, so she's been busy going to meetings once a week to plan all the fun activities and events for Gateway.




I'm looking forward to a great school year! Way to go school girls!

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Happy first day of school! Your girls look so cute. Rissa and Noelle are sure looking teen-ish these days! Crazy! I love your girls!
-nat

The Fletchies said...

I never looked that cute on my first day of school. Jealous.

HooHoo said...

These girly girls are darn cute. Maybe you need to move Brynn to Highland too. What? She's not in Junior High yet?