Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April Awesomeness

We had a great April!  It was full of fun and family!  At the beginning of April for our family outing for the month, we took our kids to the Easter Pageant at the temple.  We got there about an hour and a half early to get good seats, and got 2nd row of the seats in the back up on the hill, so we thought we'd be able to see great, until it started and everyone was still walking on the sidewalk right in front of us.  But still great, especially since we had every kind of snack you can imagine.  Even with the sugar overload, Brynn didn't make it past the first act, and then got mad when I made her wake up to walk to the car afterwards. 

 At the beginning of April it was also my birthday!  I turned 36, but had thought all last year that I was 36, so it didn't seem so bad.  My birthday was on Good Friday, so the kids didn't have school!  Liz started my day off great making my presents into a sculpture of me.  (Hmm, not sure if I like the stocky body and pigeon legs.)
Marissa was in charge of the camera that morning, and somehow took 50 million super crappy pictures.  Seriously, these are the best we got.  I don't really have major double chins and hugs bags under my eyes like all the pictures showed??
  I got Scentcy candle scents and a new pillow that Noelle had somehow smushed into a popcorn box and wrapped,a new pancake skillet, and some great cards.  Pretty amazing!

 My parents were in town that weekend from Utah, so Jake and Natalie and family came up to play too.  We had birthday breakfast with yummy baked french toast and delicious muffins.  That night was the Huber Family Fair, which was awesome. I love to see our Huber aunts, uncles and cousins, and have the chance to see all that everyboedy has been doing.   Somehow I didn't manage to get any pictures of either one of those.  :(
 The next day we dyed Easter eggs with the Jones kids.  I'm always amazed at the creativity of the Jones clan, some of the eggs were masterpieces!  My kids only had 3 eggs a piece to decorate, so they put all of their creative juices into making those the best ever. 
After that we went to a Nielson Easter Palooza Party.  Amy had gone above and beyond to make this the party of the century!  We walk in and there are 24 dozen eggs boiled, each carton with each kid's name on it.  Yes, one dozen eggs a piece!  Then the dyeing madness began. 
 Everyone's hands looked like Liz's when they were done - check out Brynne Austin's hands next to Liz!!  There was a contest going on to see who could make the most decorated egg.  Amy's little guy Chad who is 6, somehow got gum stuck in his hair, so without consulting anyone, he got scissors and chopped off a hunk of his hair with the gum, and stuck it onto his egg as a toupee for his egg-guy.  It was crazy, but pretty imaginative, but I was glad my girls didn't want to win that badly.  Somehow I didn't get pics of that either. 
After that we headed to the park to have an egg hunt.  Once again, Amy had outdone herself, and each kid had a dozen eggs that were a specific color and decoration.  All the cousin's eggs were hidden at the park, but they could only find their specific eggs.  Also, a golden egg was hidden with $20 inside!
 Marissa found the golden egg!  It was on top of a 10 foot pole that she had to climb up to get it.  Pretty impressive!!

It was a crazy busy weekend between the pageant, birthday, fairs, egg dying, parties and Easter, but it was so good to be with family, especially to have my parents here! 

2 comments:

HooHoo said...

Thank you so much for the April Awesomeness that we got to be in on and for the recap. I think that Marissa got her photography skillz from her Grandma J. I think you're beautiful in ALL the pictures and I'm not prejudice.

The Jones Fam said...

That WAS a fun weekend! We should do that again soon!