Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!






We had a great 4th, with the traditional Huber family breakfast at the break of dawn. This year things were a bit different, with Grandma and Grandpa in their new house. For some reason the karaoke machine with the big speakers didn't make it's way out, so the ongoing patriotic music was just soft background music, instead of blaring for the whole neighborhood to hear. Also, I don't know if the tractor is on the fritz or what, but we didn't get to wake up the neighborhood as we yelled "Happy 4th of July" from the back of Grandpa's tractor trailer to every human being outside at 6:30 AM. We did have a pretty impressive parade around the cul-de-sac and my girls sang "You're a Grand Old Flag" to which I motherly cried to. Also, the deep fried pancakes were off the chain, and I tried to feed Oakley small metal stars, but with no success. I love tradition!

6 comments:

HooHoo said...

Look! They are holding hands while they sing. They were the best and it makes me cry to remember how great they sounded. These girls are absolutely adorable. I'm glad that you didn't add the part about the new sheet wetting contest. New traditon?

P.S. Leslie announced after you were gone that she is getting married to Levi in Oct.

Sara! said...

Ugh! I was/am seriously so mad that we didn't get there in time. I'm sure you couldn't tell, I'm great at putting on a facade. (wink) Anyhow, I love traditions! Apparently Grandpa traded the tractor to Brother Halls for the scooter he paraded around the circle in. I think next year we need to tie ropes to the back of the scooter and don skates and get pulled around the 'hood shouting HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! It's just not the same without the well wishes. Thanks for trying to feed my baby, the punk wouldn't eat anything, I think probably because I forced a DF pancake piece down his throat and the bacon grease solidified in the esophogial area blocking off any passage.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Welcome to the "My Grandparents Drive Rascals/Scooters" Club. We are the presidents. The best is when they scootered to our door from their car. Which was parked by our mailbox. That is pretty much a total of like 20 feet. I love it.

The Fletchies said...

I love the fourth of July and that all of your girls are dressed in their HOT fourth of July attire.

By the way can I have your grandpa? He truly is my favorite man in the WORLD! I love him to death. And I love him in your parade!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Alyson, I am so glad that you got your Mike Rowe love out in the open. Now we have so many things we can bond about at FHE. Maybe I was secretly hoping that by posting that on my blog, he would find it and come and rescue me from my house..

angiedunn said...

Stone Phillips...i can see that. LOL.

P.S. I truly adore your grandpa. Huber Family fun is where it's at it looks like. And your girls are SO cute, can't stress that enough.