Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Road Trip 2007


So, we just got back from a nine-day road trip in which we visited all of Kirk's relatives that ever lived, and went to a Black family reunion. We had a great time! First, we drove to LasVegas, where we tried to shield our girls from all the flashing nude signs, so they could enjoy the fountain show at the Bellagio. Lizzie tried to join in with all the other drunkards in LV and puked in the bushes there. I think she had too much junk food on the first part of RoadTrip 2007.


Next, we drove to northern Nevada to spend some time with Kirk's Uncle Clark in a small town of Panaca to enjoy the simple life (no sign of Paris Hilton though). We swam in some warm springs, played outside in non-100 degree weather,played on the zipline and tire swing, watched the deer, and hiked through some amazing canyons.
























You would be amazed at my climbing girls, and how far up they climbed! I was especially proud of Riss, who is totally afraid of heights, but climbed to the top anyway!
Then after a few days of relaxing, we headed over to Salt Lake to have more fun! We went to Temple Square to take every tour possibe, except for the hair museum, sorry Mom! Here's everybody taking a well deserved snack break before we start the next tour.

The next day we went to Raging Waters, where the highlight of the day was when Kirk split out his swimming suit, totally exposing his complete backside to the park full of onlookers. Good show! Our girls had a blast going down the super scarey slides, relaxing in the lazy river, and doing all the fun stuff there!


Then we went on to the Black family reunion, where we had a great time hanging out with all our long-lost aunts, uncles, and cousins! We had great activities like going to the aquarium (which had just about as many fish as Rubio's does), the IMAX to see the 3-D dinosaur movie, having a 'world famous' hypnotist come and hypnotize a few of the cousins and uncles, and just a great time! We also met up with Chris and Beth to watch nude divers jump off towering rocks at the Mayan Restaurant. Our girls loved it!

12 comments:

HooHoo said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Cute family! It looks so fun. Glad you're home though.

brooke romney said...

Wish I could have been at Raging Waters, maybe a Mexico replay? Glad you guys are home.

MeL said...

I cannot even explain how excited I am now that we are all home from vacation! Tonight was seriously a slice of heaven being all crazy at mom's, and your girls are just as cute or even cuter than three weeks ago when I last saw them! I didn't realize how much I missed our oh so regular chats! I'm so happy you're home Sissy!
Oh, and I LOVE all of the pictures of your girls...especially the one of you guys at Temple Square with Lizzie sitting in the stroller which is so herself. :)

Jamie Hammond Photography said...

that is so funny about raging waters! my brother works there, i'll have to ask if they got it on the security cams ;)

Eardley Fam said...

Oh what great adventures! I cannot stop laughing about the Raging Waters incident! Glad you guys had a fun road trip.

The Jones Fam said...

FUN!!!!!!! Roadtrip 2007 looks like it was a complete success- especially Kirk's secret plan to reveal himself at Raging Waters. Al, I hope so bad that you were the one who discovered it instead of him so he walked around with his fanny exposed for a while. That made me laugh so hard. Oh, and Lizzie puking in the bushes in Vegas. Awesome. I think somebody puking somewhere has to be part of every Jones roadtrip. She must have gotten Dad's genes. I can't believe you guys packed in so much fun in 9 short days! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Miss you guys!

Jake

Sara! said...

Yay you're back! I want to hang out, it's been a long two weeks without you! Um, I'll call you tomorrow.

Nicole said...

What a fun Road Trip!! We were laughing at the Raging Waters "situation". It's all about the memories right. Sounds like Kirk made one for the whole family!!

HooHoo said...

Did you take first day of school pictures?

amanda p. said...

oh the hilariousness! I love family vacations! Hey so I wanted to let you know(i already posted this on sara's blog, but in case you see it first) Rachel's B-day is today and so she is going to be going out with her friends on Saturday for her birthday so we could still have a dinner party, just no hangin out under the ramada at Uncle Neil's so maybe talk to your sisters and let's digure out what to do:)

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

hi alyson!
cute blog and super cute family!!
i'm so excited to run into your blog!!
i have to admit something- i included your name a while back in one of my blogs! creepy, i know!! but i was doing a post on songs that remind me of things and for some reason that song "running just as fast as we can, holding on to one anothers hand...." i always think of workn' with you at jones cleaners and listening to that song as we worked, you telling me that it's an aerobics class song. sometimes i even think about that creepy stripper guy with all the lipstick stains!? yikes!! too much info!
have a good day!

The Fletchies said...

The picture of you guys with the temple in the background is amazing! Who took it? Don't tell me Random Stranger did that good of a job. I am very impressed. And you all look cute! Way to pull it off.