Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall Break


So this past week has been Fall Break, meaning no school for the girls. We tried to be fun and do fun family things, but most of them failed miserably.
We went bowling, where they now have these great ramps for kids to roll their balls down. So between ramps and bumpers in the gutters, my girls totally whomped over me in their scores, and I ended up losing every game. Whaa! No surprise, Kirk totally rocked us all, impressing us with his spin and reverse spinning ball, but that's to be expected with a dad that has bowling trophies up at BYU and that owned a bowling alley. The girls had fun though!



The big girls got to spend the night at Grandma Nielson's with all their cousins for two nights. The highlight of that adventure was that Grandma gave them each $5 to spend however they wanted at the dollar store. Marissa got sick though, and now has a cough that sounds like a seal and two cold sores.






We also tried to go and feed the ducks at the park, but there were only like two ducks who apparently had been overfed, so they kept swimming away from us throwing bread at them. Then Lizzie fell in the gross pond. Yuck!

Do you like Lizzie's 'Hannah Montana' outfit as she calls it?





What a great week!

7 comments:

MeL said...

Poor poor Lizzie always has a hard time! I would have cried if I fell in the lake though, so I can't blame her! You are the funnest mom to have so much planned for your girlies this week! And holy greatest idea ever of giving them money for dollar store purchases, I love the things they picked out! Hooray for them going back to school tomorrow!

Lyric Payne said...

Poor little Hannah Montana. She sure looked cute in the earlier pictures, but the last picture is a memory to last a lifetime. Are you training your girls for a future bowling team? Kirk and his Kuties could be the name of the team, and the shirts would have to be pink and black, with a shimmer to them. We'll take you on in a few years. Let us get a few more team members first!

HooHoo said...

Loud Bah, hah, hah! Sorry Lizzie, but your last picture is pretty funny, especially since you're eating the bread the ducks wouldn't come and eat. Is it the "Bowling Bullets" (said in a heavy English accent)? Fun dollar store finds! And Rissa is an ANGEL trimmed in blue fluff, even if she now has cold sore crust. Hope she feels better soon.

Nicole said...

Poor Lizzie!! I have a fear of my girls falling in everytime we go, Lizzie has increased that fear now knowing it happens. =) Though the picture is priceless!! Looks like you guys had a really fun week. What a cute fun family you guys are!!!

brooke romney said...

Love reading your blog. Poor riss and Lizzie. I forgot to tell you, when Noelle walked over to give something to Tara on Sunday, Jace's face lit up like crazy. She's so cute. Also, like Clarissa said, you really are a great mom!!!

The Jones Fam said...

I am with the rest, poor Lizzie. But I think the picture is hilarious! Especially since someone had the camera handy at that moment. She'll laugh later... You are such a fun, great mom Aly! I am excited to see you and your family this weekend!
Nat

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

i can't help but laugh at your lizzie falling into the pond! and great pic! LOL
your girls are super cute!!!