
Today is Marissa's birthday! I can't believe this cute girl is 9 years old!! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were painting her baby nails and making hairbows for every new dress that Mom would make for her each Sunday. She has grown up to be such a nice, smart, and pretty girl! Each year when I go in for parent/teacher conferences, her teachers always say that she just has a great knack finding the people that need a friend, and then she will include them with her group of friends and help them feel comfortable and fit right in. She is one of the smartest girls in her class, she has already moved on to multiplication, when the rest of the class has not yet. She is in the highest reading group, and just excels at anything she puts her mind to.

She is also one of the funnest, funniest girls around. Las year for Dr. Suess day at school she did her hair like Cindy Loo Who, and got a great laugh from it. She always has a good joke waiting, and loves to joke around and act silly.

She's a great big sister, and is so helpful to me and to her little sisters. She's so responsible! She'll be a great babysitter in no time! I'm so blessed to have this great girl as one of my own! Happy Birthday Riss!!
13 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARISSA!! you are seriously the cutest 9 year old ever. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.
nicole
I love you Rissa Roo,
I love you as Cindy Loo Who.
I love you when you're dancing hot,
I love you when you tell a knock, knock.
I love you more each year you grow,
I love you more than you'll ever know!
Have a Happy Birthday you funny, funny girl!
Perfect post on our perfect 9 year old!
i ♥ the cindy loo who do! sooo cute! i would really like to know how long that took to you to do that morning?! i can only imagine that morning...hopefully she didn't have to catch the bus on top of it all! (mornings are so stressful for us millers & if hair takes longer than 30 secs. we're really in trouble!)
so, i'm feeling so deprived- rocky point looks so fun & i've never been. how fun to spend it with good friends!
I can't believe Marissa is really 9! That is so fun. I wish we could have been there for the celebration! And I had totally forgotten about chocolate mousse! I think we'll have to make some to celebrate from afar. Al, you're such a good mom.
Jake
Knowing that you're 9 already makes me really miss our old primary class. When you're old enough to babysit- call me! ~Kayci
Perhaps I got a little teary eyed when I saw the picture of the girls on the tramp (oline) and they were just so little! I love your girlies, that's all.
I love Marissa. She is such a fun girl--hopefully she stays the same always!!
That was so sweet. you should tell us about all of your kids and how fantastic they are. I like reading about it. P.S way to go talented mom making her that hair do. I'm impressed.
Marissa is a one-of-a-kind. She is so smart and responsible, yet she has that hilarious silly Cindy Loo Who side that we all love. What a perfect balance. It reminds me of someone else I know. It must be genetic! Steve says Happy Birthday to Marissa. Hopefully you have new hometeachers that are terrible so you will forever wish for Steve back!
Happy B-day Marissa! I hope my little Jacqueline is as helpful and sweet as a big sister as you are to your little sisters! You are such a cutie!! I LOVED the Cindy Lou Whoo hair do. You sure can pull it off!
Hi Alyson,
Your kids are beautiful. How are you? I saw your blog off of Nicole Willard's Blog. Here is my family blog I would love to keep in touch.
www.nischanfam.blogspot.com
How is the ward doing?
Alisha Nischan
I hope Marissa had a great b-day. I remember how little she was when we first moved into the neighborhood. Crazy how time flies! Can't believe she is 9!
Post a Comment