Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Trip

A couple weeks ago we went with Kent and Hannah and Kameron and Rhiannan (Kirk's bro.'s and wives) to Heber to Hannah's parent's cabin to play in the snow. We weren't sure there would be enough snow to play in, but there was plenty, even enough to get all three of our cars super stuck in three feet of snow. Fun times!

Here are some of my favorite parts of the trip:
1. Cousins playing together, not caring if it's the middle of the night, or 10 degrees below zero, or that they haven't eaten for 10 hours, they just want to play together! What a fun time!

2. Kirk being around his brothers makes him think he's 15 years old again and is invincible. He did a great job snowboarding down the mountain and even did a "rail slide" on the makeshift rail the brothers put together.
3. Snow clothes. I love the puffy suits that don't allow you to move very well!


(Nash couldn't even put his arms down - isn't he cute!)

4. Marissa and Bailee made snowcones for everybody. They used crushed up cereal for toppings to make it extra "yummy".


5. Having fun with dad! He is just one of the kids and always up for building snow forts, sledding, and not caring that he's all icy/wet!


6. All the kids were so tired, they all just crashed on the couch together!

Playing in the snow, and pushing the car out of the snow, made me so thankful that we live here in sunny Gilbert, Arizona!! It was sure fun to visit though! Thanks Kent and Hannah!

5 comments:

Biddle Family said...

it looks like you guys had a super fun trip! I love your famous line "fun times"... I am pretty sure any trip with you guys would be fun times! Cute pictures.

The Jones Fam said...

Yay!!!! I was hoping when I saw that you commented on our blog that it meant that you had fired up the Inter-web and posted some new material! How fun to GO to the snow! And how fun to be able to go home FROM it too! It looks like you guys had a blast! Our family needs a cabin. NEEDS! I can't belive how big your girls are getting. And I love that Kirk and his bros went snowboarding. That looks like so much fun. Keep posting!

HooHoo said...

Can I just say that I am glad Kirk thinks he is 15. It makes for the best of "fun times."

I also love when kids forget to remind you every other minute that they haven't eaten, but again, if all there was to eat was those lovely snowcones, I don't think I would have been reminding anyone of anything. And did you notice that Lizzie wore her coat to bed. She must have been tired.

The pictures are almost as good as the girls description of the snow.

Kim said...

Looks like you had a blast, though it makes me cold just looking that those pictures.

stephanie said...

looked like you guys had a GREAT time, we went up to the snow yesterday---it was super fun, but it was nice to be back in good ol gilbert!!!