Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kicking Bad Habits


It's official!! Lizzie has done it!! She has broken the habit of sucking her thumb! I am so proud of her! I wasn't sure it was ever going to happen, since everything we did, didn't seem to work. At first we tried the yucky stuff you paint on her thumb, but she would just suck it off then spit out the bad taste. Then we started putting band-aids on her thumb so she wouldn't suck it, but she would just pull them off in a moment of weakness, and we went through like 30 band-aids a day. Finally it was just a decision she made, and she stopped sucking! Yay for Lizzie!

Me, on the other hand, I have not been kicking bad habits. My bad habit? Eating horribly, all the time! My lunch yesterday consisted of 1/2 box of Goldfish crackers, 3 huge Otis Spunkmeyer macadamia nut and chocolate chunk cookies, and a Diet Pepsi. What food groups does that cover? None, I'm pretty sure. Soon I'm going to look like this:
...and swimsuit season is upon us! YIKES! Maybe I should try putting a band-aid over my mouth, except that it didn't work for Lizzie, so I'm sure it probably wouldn't work for me. I just need a smidge of willpower. Dang!

7 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

At first browsing, before I read the words, that last picture freaked me out a bit because Lizzie has a blue shirt on and you have two pictures of her, then whoa that's not Lizzie! It's nice to hear that someone else has my same eating woes. The difference is, I'll eat a nice healthy sandwich, then top it off a couple of hours later with the goldfish and cookie!

porterjule said...

Umm...your lunch of goldfish and cookies sounds 100 times better than the ENTIRE box of Krispy Kremes that i ate yesterday!!!

Tara Fisher said...

I love that I am not the only junk food junkie around here. We all have days like that. Where did you find that picture of the big booty? At first I thought maybe you were sitting behind that poor person and took a picture of them. But then I thought you are way to sweet to take a picture of someone like that.

brooke romney said...

Yeah LIzzie! and you...you have a PERFECT body. Everytime I see you I think NO FAIR.

Sara! said...

Nice. Because I'm weird/gross, I am very curious as to how far the crack goes up. Any guesses?

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Alyson, that was not very nice of you to post a picture of my rear end on your blog. =) Seriously though, I have the worst sweet tooth ever. And, I sucked my thumb until I was 8 (no joke), so Lizzie is doing a LOT better than me!!!

Anonymous said...

Let's be honest-thumb sucking is way better than bed wetting; which, to Beth's disdain, is a habit I've yet to break. I told her I'm just preparing her for Sophie, but Beth doesn't appreciate the opportunity for 'practice'. But good job to Lizzie!!!
Ps- we just repainted our bathroom, and I think it is the exact same color. I'm not sure, is yours colgate, crest, or aquafresh? Either way, cavity creeps retreat!