Monday, May 5, 2008

Projects

We had a fun family project weekend where we redecorated the girls' bathroom. We painted it a light toothpaste color with darker green and purple accents, and even put in a new light fixture and new faucet. (Does anybody know a good plumber? - we're having some difficulties, despite the comment that the guy at Home Depot said about "anybody" being able to install it.)


While we were busy with our project, our girls were busy with theirs: getting out all of their toys/activities that have 1,000,000 + pieces. By the time we got done making the bathroom perfect, the rest of the house was in shambles. At least it kept them busy while they were orphans for the day.

10 comments:

MeL said...

Aly it looks amazing! I, as well as Sara I am sure, am so so jealous that you are so good at getting an idea in your mind and then finishing it and having it look absolutely perfect! How fun. I'm not going to lie though, I'm kind of sad that it wasn't a sisters paint party like we've done in the past! So, how about this, find another room to paint/redecorate that I can help with on my break!

Anonymous said...

Your house is so stinking cute, you guys do a great job!!

brooke romney said...

I really love it. So fresh and so you. Looks great.

HooHoo said...

I do love this new very classy look. Josh Hall is/was a plumber, and Heath Skinner(?). Ask Bethany.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Careful, Alyson, once you start redecorating it is VERY hard to stop. You think, wow, this room is so cute, now the rest of my house isn't as cute in comparison! And then before you know it, you've spent too many hours and too much money at Home Depot!!! But it does look really great. You have good taste in color.

Lyric Payne said...

That bathroom looks fabulous baby. Great job. And, happy majorly belated birthday from a lame friend. I have not blogged or checked blogs too much lately, but yours is always one I look forward to...really, I'm not just saying that.

The Fletchies said...

That is attractive. It looks straight out of pottery barn. Way to go!

The Jones Fam said...

Love the colors, love the accents, love the faucet...who really needs water in a bathroom that looks that good?
-Nat

ps Can we come play at your cute house, with your cute kids this summer?

Ipuna Black said...

How's it going guys? I see that you are quite the bloggers.

Davis Family said...

Your bathroom is adorable and so is Brynn! Where does everyone get all these good ideas?! My brother is a plumber!