So, since nothing else is going on, I'll confess a secret, embarrassing love I have. All day every Monday I have an excitement building and building inside of me, that by 9:00 PM I'm just about giddy. What is this excitement for, you ask?

CSI Miami!!
I have to admit, it's probably the dumbest show on TV right now, with the worst acting - way too long dramatic pauses, Horatio taking off his sunglasses to offer enlightening facts in a raspy voice, the CSI team being able to find matches to DNA or fingerprints in a matter of seconds, a horribly predictable plot, etc., but Kirk and I love it! We lovingly nicknamed it CSI Mi-Gassy. So the countdown is on. How many more hours do I have to wait? I know I'm lame, but I can't help it! Does anybody else have a TV show that they're embarrassed they love?
11 comments:
i have a few! the whole late night editing thing requires me to have something on tv so i stay awake :) but i won't admit to all of them. i am excited that greys anatomy is new again!!!!
Forensic Files. It's basically as cool as CSI: Miami except it is cool enough to be on TRU TV, which used to be Court TV. And luckily for me it is on about 6 times a day, so if I record everything for a week, I have enough episodes to last me for like two weeks. I am currently out though (watched the last one last night "while studying" and then the two after that were reruns, such a disapointment), so I should go set the DVR to record some more right now! Oh, and Sara likes The Hills. Ha.
I love all the CSI's It drives John nuts! He does not share my joy! The dramatic pauses and such are just more than John can take. But mine that I think is more embarrasing to admit is Rules of Engagement. I love to sit and laugh. The married guy in it has the best sense of humor. But why am I embarrassed? It's a bit on the crass side at times. The final one I'll mention is What about Earl? But only becuase I know there is one of our friends who likes it even more than me, so I'm not alone :)
You know you just asked on Sunday, "Is the Hills really as lame as they make it look on the Soup?" I said yes, but was secretly thinking again about how sad I am that I missed last weeks long silent scenes of chewing. And, you know I talk about the Real Housewives of Orange County as if they were real friends of mine, and asked a patient if Cabot Cove, Maine really existed because if it did, I'd want to move there because Jessica Fletcher has so much fun there in Murder She Wrote.
I have to say it's Survivor for me. You'd think that since it's like the 20th season I'd be over this show but for me I just can't get enough. I've even watched reruns of previous seasons and at this thought out what would have happened if so and so didn't get eliminated that night. Kinda silly but I love it!
I have several:
American Idol
America's Next Top Model (Keith Fisher and I share this love)
Desperate Housewives
So You Think You Can Dance (prob my favorite of the bunch)
The Hills
The Office
30 Rock
I could go on...
Devin and I are ashamed to admit we have been watching old seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and loving every minute of it. We are the definition of nerd.
Ummm...Little House on the Prairie?? I can't help it!! I love that show!! I have all the seasons on DVD (if you want to borrow them, don't be shy, you know you want to kirk). I recommend season 6 -Laura and Almonzo fall in love and Nellie and Percival fall in love. It's awesome!!!
Okay totally embarrassed that somehow-(I blame it on being bored while nursing) I got hooked to Bachelor London Calling this season-I know lame. Also love American Idol and CANNOT wait for the premiere of So you think you can dance!! I mean really who doesn't love that show?!
I will let Beth make her own disclosures (although I've advised her to plead the 5th) but they are pretty good and make me mad at the same time- a double win for her. I annoy her by watching any home improvement show I can find, especially Victory Gardens w/ P. Allen Smith on PBS. Al Gore's little bro (maybe?) rulz! oh yeah, and infomercials, glorious infomercials that have big disclaimers beforehand.
The home shopping network is pretty entertaining! I love how they make whatever they're selling the most amazing thing you have ever seen in your life. And you would be crazy (they have products to help with that too) if you didn't pay 180 easy payments of $39.99 for the life altering product. I also like Top Chef on Bravo, Step It Up and Dance comes on right after with Jessie Spanno (Saved by the Bell), but I don't have the stomach to watch that one!
-Nat
Post a Comment