Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Criss-Cross-Applesauce!

Criss-Cross
It seems that whenever we babysit boys at our house we have a little cross dressing going on. My girls just can't help but make them into pretty little girls. We were watching Kace (my sister-in-law's little guy) and my kids transformed him into "Kaycie" complete with dress-up, purses, and sunglasses. I guess that's what happens when there are no boy toys here. So if I ever watch your boy, just come prepared for him to get a bedazzled make-over.



Applesauce
I played pioneer girl yesterday and made 13 quarts of applesauce. It was a sticky, hot, mess, but my girls even got into turning the applesauce crank and squishing the hot apples and watching the gunk come out the side. What fun!

Happy Fun Summer Days!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I seriously doubt that if I ever made applesauce that my kitchen would look that clean afterwards. Way to go!

The Fletchies said...

you look adorable in that picture. seriously it would be amazing if I could ever look that good after having four kids especially given how far from it I am now! Haha but what hard work you and your girls did dressing up and pressing apples! I'm impressed!

Rach =o) said...

YUMMY!! I bet your house smelled heavenly.

Sara! said...

And your house is clean!! You are amazing.

Cassie and Chad said...

Wow I am so impressed!!! You are truley amazing. My family is lucky if they get dinner these days.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Holy cow, i am going to hire you to can for me. You are amazing!

Nicole said...

Girl, you put the rest of us 'homemakers', if we can even call ourselves that to shame with your canning abilities!!

HooHoo said...

Very amazing! Your smile is as bright as the applesauce. Are your feet stuck to the floor? Hot project!

Eardley Fam said...

You are amazing! And I am pretty sure my little Austy has some great cross dressing pics from the Nielson home!:)Heehee