Things to remember:
-Kids could throw rocks in the water all day long.
- Brynn and Oakley are good little pals - usually.
- I can easily be freaked out by Ranger Carl's warnings
-Brynn likes taking action shots with my camera - resulting in my natural cranky face.
- Standing on tree stumps is super fun!
- Sara makes awesome peach cobbler - next time let's just eat that for every meal!
- Kirk can make a pretty awesome tree swing for us to take.
- Apparently I should have listened better to the knot lesson at girl's camp.

- Fuzzy caterpillars are cute, not gross.

- If you suddenly decide to pack up and leave before you have to suffer through one more freezing night - it's being wise, not wimping out.
- Fuzzy caterpillars are cute, not gross.
- If you suddenly decide to pack up and leave before you have to suffer through one more freezing night - it's being wise, not wimping out.
- Going down a super winding mountain road at night while the kids intently watch a movie might make kids carsick and throw up.
- Marissa is a sympathy puker.
- Camping really is fun, and we will go again next year!

15 comments:
What a great mom you are....so fun!
Oh my gosh, how fun! I love the tree swing. What a blast. You are a way better mom than me though, I hate camping!!
I've had so much fun keeping up on your cute family. I am so impressed! You're a great mom You won't ever catch me being an adventurous mom like that-I would like to think I would-but who am I kidding!
holy cow! you are brave! looks like you had fun.. sorry about the puke! that is never fun... I might have been a sympathy puker too.. SO FUN!
Wilderness women! You just made some amazing memories for your kids. I'm so proud of you girls.
who really knows how to tie knots? That is totally what I would have done and then like cut it down later then trying to remove it by untying. I looks like you guys had so much fun and was that a Grandpa Jones swing aka a hole cut in the middle of wood with a knot at the bottom?
OK-as if you weren't already crazy amazing. I am so impressed. I don't think I could ever do that, and still have a attitude! Way to go girlie.
Hi Aly! I found your blog through Eryn's. Your girls are so cute and you are so brave to go camping with no husbands! You'll have to check out my blog and then you can see that I really do have a husband...hopefully you'll get to meet him soon! Tell your fam hi!
See, you're so much nicer than I. Thanks for doing a positive post to counter-act my bitterness (I think I just still had camp smell in my nose or something.) Anyhow, you are fun to camp with and Emily's remembering of Hawaiian haystacks is a good idea for next time, as long as we have a functioning stove.
You go girl!!! I am impressed, I do enjoy camoing, but without the boys setting everything up...um makes me seem wussy doesn't it. Plus, me + puke (seeing or hearing it)= me puking too, not good!! What a fun new tradition.
Wow, hello Mom of the year!!! I love your knot, I think you should teach the boy scouts, not only did it work but it was quite pretty too.
hello, i think you are an awesome mom,hello you took your kids camping without your hubby?!?!?!?! i dont think i would do that if someone paid me, you are great and cute as ever!
Baby why don't we go down to Kokamo. We'll get there faster if we take it slow. That's where we wanna go. Way down to Kokamo! I know that song! I love it! My brother is Alan. Do you think he would let me live my life without knowing that song? I don't think so. He would think me a disgrace if I didn't know every word of that song! I'm sure the tape was so worth it!
~Rhonda~
What a great mom you are!!! Seriously amazing!
Post a Comment