Wednesday, August 6, 2008

1st Day of School

School has started, with my oldest three girls in school all day long! They were all super excited to start and get back to their friends and teachers.

Liz started kindergarten this year, and goes all day, and even gets to eat lunch in the cafeteria (that was the most exciting part!). I was nervous for her, not sure how she would do being gone all day, but she loves it and is happy to report that she hasn't even gone to the Principal's office yet and they got five recesses on the first day of school - what's better than that? Do you like her sexy(?) picture? Don't ask me why she's posing like that - YIKES!

Noelle is definitely my social girl, and when we went to meet the teacher the other night, and she got to choose where to sit, she carefully surveyed the room, making note of who was in her class, and then carefully chose which seat would give her the closest access to all her friends, while still sitting by her best friend.
Marissa, on the other hand, when choosing her seat, put her neatly written and decorated name tag on the front and center seat. When we met Marissa's teacher, we were surprised to find out that it was an older man teacher. I was a little nervous about the whole thing, because he seemed very serious and there weren't ANY decorations on the walls, but Marissa came home the first day and said that he was funny and nice, and she is already trying to brown-nose him by bringing him rice crispy treats today.

I'm excited for this school year. It's a little weird for me because this is the first year since Marissa started preschool (6 years ago) that I don't have someone coming home in the middle of the day. Brynn and I have all day for frolicking and getting stuff done. I'm a little nervous that now I'll have to be productive because I don't have any excuses anymore. As much as I'm loving this, around noon I start to get a little lonely for my schoolgirls and want to go and check up on them and see how they're doing, but I make them give me the play by play when they get home, and they are LOVING themselves so far!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SOOO jealous! I'm so counting down the hours and minutes til 8:10am Monday morning! I think the 1st day of school is becoming more exciting for me than Christmas! And I'm in AWE that you get them up and ready for a photo shoot before school! Ours is usually in the car while driving! (Sorry, on my mom's computer:))

Nik said...

Oooo, can I frolic with you and Brynn? That sound so delightful and whimsical. Perhaps we could find a flower-filled meadow somewhere and sing as we frolic? Fun!

I'm betting you're a ton more productive than you let on. You're not fooling me.

HooHoo said...

I'm so proud of your girls for their good attitudes about school. They're so full of expression. I think they are adorable.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

So so so cute. I can't believe you have 3 girls in school. Crazy!!!

R and R said...

I can't wait for school to start - and we have two more weeks to go...I tell myself to enjoy the time. Your girls get cutter every day!

Nicole said...

I loved the first day of school and am sooo looking forward to it in our home. Could your girls be any cute, and more diva'ish? Love it?? You and Brynn will find tons to do I am sure. Goodluck!

brooke romney said...

Um, love the poses. I'll bet you practiced with them the night before so you could get such awesome first day of school pics.

Cassie and Chad said...

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!!! I am with your friend, can I come and frolic with you, that sounds wonderful!!

Matt and Vanessa said...

What fun you and your baby will have during the day. Enjoy every moment :)

The Jones Fam said...

I love the brightly colored new school clothes, new backpacks, curly hair, and big excited smiles! The first day of school is the best! I can't believe that your girls are getting so old! Crazy that you just have Brynn at home. I was planning on taking Brynn back to Iowa with me, but I ran out of room in the car...we miss our fun Nielson cousins! Good luck with another school year!
-Nat

Speer Family said...

Marrisa and Noelle are two of the funnest girls I know. I really miss not being in Achievment Days with them. I love little Brynn though she sits on my lap or right next to me all during nursey. I love it.