So, the days that I've been waiting for all summer long are finally here. The end of summer days! Don't get me wrong, we've had a great summer, but seriously if I have to watch one more episode of Hannah Montana...so help me!
But summer wouldn't be summer without doing the summer reading program at the library, even though Kirk thinks that all the programs through the library are just for blind or deaf kids. 
Judging by what the library looks like at the beginning of the summer, I think that every kid in a 100 mile radius came to our library to get books, too. You were set if you wanted a book on Hanukkah, really old nursery rhymes, or books about mommy having a baby, because those were the choices there, out of the 10 books total on the shelves.
Maybe that is why they give out such great prizes at the end, because they're amazed you were able to complete it with the selection at the library. My girls made out with a haul, almost to the point I feel guilty. They got cool book bags that double as checkers mats, stuffed animals, tiki sticks (whatever those are), Mercury Tickets (WOW!), pencils, bookmarks, bowling passes and IMAX tickets. Too bad they don't have a summer reading program for adults, because I'd rock that!
One more fun thing we've been doing at the end of this summer is watching our friend's bearded dragon, "Beardey" while they are out of town.
I thought my girls would be totally into having a giant lizard to play with, but it turns out everyone in our family is just freaked out by him. I think he's feeling the lack of love and has gone on a hunger strike, and hasn't eaten a freeze dried Vitamin C frosted cricket in the past few days, and I'm starting to worry that Beardey might not make it until Kelly and Eric get back. (Note to all of you: The Nielson's are not really pet people, despite what my girls wish, and although we will always watch your pet if you are gone, chances are they might not make it if it's for an extended amount of time.)
All in all, great times all summer long!
2 comments:
Haha! The pickins were slim, but we triumphed on the Summer Reading program, too.
We're thinking about going to the Mercury game on the 28th, we should double!
Did you send off for your free book?
Beardey would totally freak me out too. I'd be scared to death that he would get loose in my house!!!!
Post a Comment