Today is Kirk's 34th Birthday! I can't believe he's so old! I decided to do a little tag for his birthday so you can get to know the hottie I fell in love with 12 1/2 years ago.
15 years ago he:
-was embarking on a mission halfway around the world in the Philippines where he got malaria, taught in a native village where people didn't wear anything but loin cloths, and learned Tagalog, which he still is fairly fluent in.
12 years ago he:
-Met me!! We were set up on a blind date, and had a whirlwind romance that ended in an engagement 6 weeks later.
-Was married 2 months after that.
-Was rocking our great 'Bel Aire' apartment, where we succeeded in decorating our entire place with hunter green and burgundy.
-Was getting used to an emotional wife who cried after trying unsuccessfully to make dinner each night.
- Was going to school full-time at MCC and ASU, getting several majors in different areas. Who else do you know that has a major in Biology and Communications with a minor in marketing and business?
-Started being one of the world's best dads!
(This is a picture of him with Noelle when she was first born)
-Went on his first trip to Hawaii and LOVED it! He has since tried to figure out any possible way to take his family there to live. His newest business idea: Gelato in Paradise anyone?

-Started working at Walden University where they love him and all he does, and was quickly promoted to a manager there.
-Worked so that his family could party! He loves going on vacation with his family and is constantly figuring out our next trip.

1 year ago he:
1 year ago he:
-Continued to be the best dad ever!
-Surprised me by bringing me home a cute new ASU shirt to wear to the football games that he is anxiously awaiting!
-Was so excited that the tickets finally came in the mail!
Today he:
Today he:
-Is one of the hottest 34 year old guys I know.
-Celebrated his day at work, where they ate Krispy Kreme until they almost puked, and had a birthday party complete with decorations, hats, and cake.
-Is taking me out on a date, where we'll probably go and see "Mamma Mia" because he's that kind of a sweet guy.
Tomorrow he:
-Will have more partying, with the kids this time.
-Wants to own a fast boat.
-Wants to travel the world.
-Wants to maybe go on a mission back to the Philippines, this time taking his wimpy wife.
-Will continue to be the best husband and dad around!
We love you, Babe! Have a great one!

10 comments:
What a great tribute to him!
Oh my gosh! How did we all get so old? It's seems just like last week we were waiting outside my house hoping that hot Skinner brother would go by, and maybe wave at us! Sure is a lot better having our hot guys in our houses now!
Okay, 34 IS NOT OLD!!!! cute post, what a great wife you are!!!
This reminds me of a great poem that I once heard. Maybe you have heard of it too. It is called Footprints...
Happy Birthday!!
What a great post. Happy Birthady Kirk! I really love looking at all your pictures from 12 years ago- cute!:)
so fun! Hey random question... but Lee is considering a career change :) and was wondering if Kirk would talk to him about his employer, education... etc. Just wondering about his job and schooling choices. So, if he would be so kind to share some of his expertise will you email me and I can give you Lee's# or whatever :) Thanks mucho its:
amandaandlee@gmail.com
Hey, I'm so glad I found your blog. Not I can see whats going on with your cute girls even though I'm far away. That was such a cute post for Kirks bday. I LOVE the pictures! You guys are adorable.
Birthday breakfast, Saturday? 34 is still closer to 30 than 40.
So cute! You guys are the greatest together. And, might I say, you could be poster children for the 90's...especially you.
Happy Late Birthday Kirk! Hope you had a great day! I loved the tribute Aly!
-Nat
Post a Comment