I can't believe that Marissa is 10! That's double digits! We had a week long party to celebrate!
To continue the celebration, I thought I'd share 10 fun facts about our sweet Marissa.
1. She is a total animal lover! In fact, her favorite TV show is Animal Cops (yes, I know, WT for sure!)
3. I think she has maybe .01% body fat, and that's on a chubby day - she's sometimes painfully skinny.
4. She can talk easily with anybody - even adults, and considers some of her aunts to be her best friends.
5. Her favorite song is: "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles .
6. She's a good mix of girly and tomboy. She can accessorize with the best of them, but isn't afraid to get down and dirty.
7. She is a great friend to all around. All her teachers have always commented on what a kind hearted girl she is and how she always wants everyone to get along and be friends.
8. She's not afraid to goof off and be silly.

9. She has absolutely NO rear end at all - in fact I think it's concave.
10. She's a great big sister and is an awesome example to her little sisters!

In our family the girls get to have friend birthday parties on their even birthdays. As we were trying to figure out something that would be fun for 10 year olds (harder than you think) we came up with a camp out birthday party idea. We kinda ran with the idea and had a great time!
This was her invitation to the party (with pertinent info taken off). We attached a "toasted marshmallow" which was just a marshmallow on a lollipop stick dipped in chocolate with sprinkles on top. So cute!
9. She has absolutely NO rear end at all - in fact I think it's concave.
In our family the girls get to have friend birthday parties on their even birthdays. As we were trying to figure out something that would be fun for 10 year olds (harder than you think) we came up with a camp out birthday party idea. We kinda ran with the idea and had a great time!
We made s'mores, watched a movie on the projector outside, went on a night candy hunt with flashlights, and made "Camp Riss" t-shirts.

All in all it was a great time! Happy # 10 Marissa! We sure love you!
12 comments:
Rissa is 10 times the fun that she was when she was first born. Looks like fun, fun, fun.
Are you sure we're old enough to have 10 year old daughters? That's so insane! She is so beautiful and she looks just like you! Cute, cute, cute invites! Can I borrow that? I've got 2 birthdays coming head on in Dec.
You're the cutest mom. I love the invites and entire party idea.
Also I LOVE Rissa! Happy Birthday! I'm glad we got to celebrate it all week and am glad you're in our family!
Fun birthday! Your one of those FUN moms. I see how it is. My kids get milestone parties. 8, 12, 16. I know...I'm lame
I LOVED the invites and the activities!! You know us and our projector! It's the best way to watch a movie. It's Exactly what I did for MY birthday last year!
"Happy Birthday Marissa!"
You Rock! If I have a girl, I'll let you plan all her parties.
You are definitely mom of the year. Those invites were so cute. What a great idea. So creative you are!!! She sounds a lot like my Kalli who is 9, same interests and a whole lotta fun (minus the no butt thing because us LaRue/Kerbys all have a butt unfortunately a little bigger than we would like, oh sorry way to much info)
Happy birthday Marissa! Looks like a blast. Your girls are so gorgeous.
those invites are adorable. you are seriously the best mom.
Happy Birthday Rissa. I wish I could come to the dance event of the century but hopefully will have a baby any day now (already dilated to a 4!!) Michael J. Romney (as Steve calls him) tried to get Steve to surprise me with it, but it just wasn't in the cards. By the way, have you gotten rid of the little puppy yet? If not, you're a better person than I!
happy birthday to your sweet lil girl(who looks just like you) love the birthday party idea..how fun is that
what a fun birthday idea. and what a really cute puppy.
Post a Comment