Our girls had a week out of school, so we decided to get away from it all and go to San Diego for a little fun. Kirk wanted to re-live his childhood, so we did all the things they used to do when he was a kid on vacation in San Diego.
We decided to take our kids to Sea World, since we hadn't been in a few years. We had totally jazzed our little girls up to see all the animals there. In fact, Brynn's book of choice the last few weeks was the Shark Encyclopedia book, she was so excited. Well, as Jones luck goes, we woke up on Thursday, the day we we were planning on going to Sea World, and Brynn is not feeling well. She's running a little fever, and just not feeling tops. Being the awesome parents we are, we tanked her up on Children's Motrin, and set off to the park.
The next day we set off to spend the day at the beach. What fun! I love, love, love the beach! Why in the world don't I live there?!

They made sandcastles all day long, looked for seashells, and even braved the cold water.

Here's Marissa being a hopeful Mermaid.
The next day we went on a harbor cruise. It was my girls first time on a boat. It was crazy windy and freezing cold!

I'm kinda a wimp when it comes to boats, I kinda get feeling a little sea sick. So here are my girls trying to keep me from chucking in a bucket.

My favorite thing we did the whole trip was our little adventure on our Shaggenwagon - or six seater bike. We rented this beauty and rode around on it all afternoon. Of course Kirk was taking us over speed bumps at full speed and even took us off-roading down a hill, where I almost died. We rode to Huff-N-Puff park there at Campland, and then went to get icecream at a little stand down on the bay. Later that night we enjoyed Campland Candy Bar Bingo where out of the group of about 60 people there, two of my kids won a round of Bingo. Lizzie got a cool "Campland Raised" t-shirt that she wants to wear everyday to school, and I have to deny her. Marissa actually tied three other people the very last round of bingo, so it went to a hula hoop contest to find the winner - and guess who is a pro hula hooper? Marissa! So, she easily won the contest. It was so much fun!
They made sandcastles all day long, looked for seashells, and even braved the cold water.
Here's Marissa being a hopeful Mermaid.
The next day we went on a harbor cruise. It was my girls first time on a boat. It was crazy windy and freezing cold!
I'm kinda a wimp when it comes to boats, I kinda get feeling a little sea sick. So here are my girls trying to keep me from chucking in a bucket.
My favorite thing we did the whole trip was our little adventure on our Shaggenwagon - or six seater bike. We rented this beauty and rode around on it all afternoon. Of course Kirk was taking us over speed bumps at full speed and even took us off-roading down a hill, where I almost died. We rode to Huff-N-Puff park there at Campland, and then went to get icecream at a little stand down on the bay. Later that night we enjoyed Campland Candy Bar Bingo where out of the group of about 60 people there, two of my kids won a round of Bingo. Lizzie got a cool "Campland Raised" t-shirt that she wants to wear everyday to school, and I have to deny her. Marissa actually tied three other people the very last round of bingo, so it went to a hula hoop contest to find the winner - and guess who is a pro hula hooper? Marissa! So, she easily won the contest. It was so much fun!
8 comments:
You know us!! We are campland people too! It really is fun, I know I still have to post our pictures like you asked and wouldn't you know it we played bingo and I had a 3 person Hula Hoop off!! Too funny! And for their new Huff park we were there for the Grand New opening, we participated in the parade and everything! BTW ONLY YOU could look THAT beautiful while trying not to call Ralph!! Love ya!
I'll use your phrase...good times. Looks like loads of fun. Who needs a condo when you have a tent, right?
Your girls are the cutest! I loved reading about your fun trip. You guys are the greatest when it comes to fun.
What a fun trip. You are a great mom! One day we'll do cool things like that with our kids.
Marissa being a hopeful mermaid was probably my favorite part...and did Noelle build those for her? What a sweet sister.
Your trip looked soo soo fun! I can't wait to hear all about it in real life!
Fun bicycle built for six, sand castles and mermaids, Sea Land and Camp Land. Other than the popped air mattress, it sounds like the dream vacation. I'm glad you had so much fun.
What a great week! I love the last picture of you guys on the shaggenwagon... seriously you could use that as a christmas card, it's so cute. You sure have a beautiful family. Did Kirk grow up in San Diego? Or just vacation out there a lot? It is the best!
What a fun trip you guys had! Fun activities, memories and there's nothin like beach camping. You guys all look so great too!
Post a Comment