Brynn had a birthday! We are so excited our 'Chicken Dinner' is now four years old! (Brynn has a million nicknames, but 'Chicken Dinner' is one of the main ones - it started when we used to call her 'Brynner', which led to 'Brynner, Brynner, Chicken Dinner', and now has evolved to just 'Chicken Dinner'.)
1. She loves to dress up - but not in just normal princess dress-up. She always is wearing some random outfit, like a swimming suit with PJ bottoms or something. Here she has a geisha outfit on with angel wings and ladybug antennas. Cute?
3. She loves her new bike she got for her birthday. She now wants to ride her bike like 23 hours a day, and has given up naps in the afternoon because she can't possibly sleep when her bike is waiting outside for her!
4. She always wants her hair in "loops" - every single day. I don't know why she likes it this way so much, but it is often a cause of contention between us as we do her hair in the morning. One day she woke me up at like 4:00 in the morning, reminding me that I had said the previous day that she could have loops that day. I quickly assured her she could, but only at a reasonable hour, which 4:00 is not!
For her birthday she got to have her first birthday party! She's totally into cooking in her little kitchen, so we decided to have a cooking birthday party. It was so much fun! We made little aprons and chef hats for all the kids that came. For the party we made personal pizzas, played pin the candle on the cake and blindfold the chef, and then decorated cupcakes.
6 comments:
Your birthday parties always sound so fun! Happy birthday Brynn! (And watch out with the hair arguments...my mom got fed up with me and made me do my own hair by 2nd grade:)
Don't you just love the cute little quirks that your kids have. Brynn seems like a fun, little lady.
You are the COOLEST mom! I wish I were as talented as you.. making aprons & such.... you're so fun & Brynn is the cutest!
You really are the best brithday mom ever. We love "chicken dinner" too and we love that she loves her bike. She always has a smile on her face now!
WOW. So sorry to hear that naps are over....but don't worry, when she's in school all day, you can get them back! Wanna come over and show me how to do 'loops' in hair? My girls always have what I call 'homeless hair' and I totally can't find a cure for it. Seriously, call me, lets do lunch. I need to be out having some fun!
Happy Birthday Brinn! What a fun party! You are so creative! I'm always impressed with what you pull together!
Post a Comment