I have to say, Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I think part of my love for it is because you can decorate with pink and sparkles so easily. But another reason I love it so much is because of the tradition that goes along with it. Every year Kirk's family has a special Valentine's dinner where you dress up and make homemade Valentine's cards for everyone to share over a special candlelit dinner. They started it years ago when Kirk was just a kid because they had lost their baby brother in December and Kirk's mom thought they needed something to bring them some happiness and closer together as a family. So the tradition was born.
These days we party it up the Friday before V-day with just the Nielson adults. It was a great time again this year with yummy food, crazy stories and memories, and tons of laughter. Good times!
We usually have the girls dress up for this "fancy" dinner, but this year as we were getting things set up and the girls were forbidden from coming downstairs, Marissa and Liz found old Halloween costume kimonos and decided to wear those instead.
6 comments:
You guys are seriously the cutest family and do the funnest family traditions! And I love that Noelle didn't pass up the chance to get all dressed up and fancy...she does look VERY beautiful in her white gown though. :)
You guys are so fun! Seeing that picture of everyone made me really want to hang out with you guys. We better have a family reunion this year!
I don't even know how one person (you) can be so creative and fun all the time! It's just not fair. Your girls are so lucky! It also makes me sick that you can look so stinking cute when you guys first wake up! It's so not that way over here!
I picked the last place we ate, it's your turn....
Awesome! I love all your ideas. You seem to do such a great job at making everything special! I love it.
Kirk and Girlz! You are the most fun! Let's build another temple out of legos and have a puppet show. You are good entertainers and came by it naturally, apparently. That was fun!
I love how you celebrate V-day! Those are all such fun ideas. I may need to copy :) And you also look way too cute for just waking up. I would forbid any pictures be taken of me at that time!
Post a Comment