Friday, April 24, 2009

A Fair(s) to Remember

So, I haven’t been the greatest at blogging lately.
Here’s the different affairs to remember:
1. Huber Family Fair
We have a fun tradition of getting together with our Huber family once a year and showing off what we’ve been doing. At the fair you can display things you’ve done, or you can perform.
This year we had three performers on the piano: Marissa played “Elegant Elephant”,

Noelle played “Rocket Boogie”
and Lizzie played what she called “Peter Piper Pickle” (you know the one ) that Grandpa Huber had taught her.
It’s usually at Grandma and Grandpa’s house (used to be Huber Park), but due to rain, we had it at the church this time, which I really liked because we had plenty of room for some of the other performances, like belly rolling, gymnastics, and real live fencing. Wow!


2. County Fair
My mom, Sara, and I took Brynn, Oakley, and Nate to the fair to see the animals.

They got to go on a fun little pony ride (Brynn's pony had a tatoo),
nervously check out a fire truck,
and play "farmer".
They had a fun little farm place that the kids got to work at by milking the cow, gathering eggs, picking oranges, potatoes, and corn.


It was so fun to see the cute little bunnies, the crazy roosters and chickens, the huge cows, and the naked pigs, but sadly there weren’t any llamas this year.


3. Dyeing Easter Eggs
This is a fun tradition that I’m so glad to let my mom do! The kids loved it and colored on and dipped and dyed probably a million eggs. Egg salad sandwiches anyone?






4. We’ve all been sick this last week.
Bleh. The other day I got a sneak peak at how summer is going to be when I had three kids home during the day - making messes and wanting to do nothing but watch TV. Marissa’s the only one who hasn’t gotten it yet, knock on wood. Sometimes I want to have the first kid that gets sick to just lick everybody else on the first day, so we could just all be sick together instead of drawing it out over a week or two of miserableness.
(Brynn is probably one of my best sick kids - she just sleeps a lot during the day)
5. Kirk called from work the other day with some bad news.
Really bad news. His Jeep (his pride and joy) had been STOLEN! Yeah, it was locked up and everything in front of his office, and someone just came and stole it. Brynn is sure that the “strangers drove it to the mountain”. Liz put up signs on all the poles around our house for it. Noelle said that she has never seen her dad cry before when he wasn’t happy (I don’t think he cried, but he sure looked really sad). And Marissa is loving all the attention she gets telling the story to one and all. At this point, I kinda hope it doesn’t get found, so Kirk doesn’t have to go through the pain of seeing his “son” all beat up and mistreated. Hmmm. We’ll see.


3 comments:

Tanya and Tony said...

Holy Crap! Please give our sympathies to Kirk. Shall we send flowers or does he want donations sent to his favorite charity? That just blows!

I LOVE that Brynn is so pretty while she's sick and sleeping. Lucky girl!

Lace saw her loopy hair and is highly impressed! I had to promise to call and ask ya about it.

So, you probably had a crazy message...just me. No sooner did I hear the beep and my brother called my mom's cell which she couldn't answer because she was on the other phone. I totally speed talked. When ya get a chance, give a call.

Also wanted to check and see how Sara's little peanut did with his surgery. I saw her blog and it just made my heart hurt for him and them.

HooHoo said...

All good pics with great memories of fun times. So sorry for Kirk, and the rest of you too on the jeep and sicky subjects. Lizzie sure did a great job at her dance recital. These girls are each top notch.

Brooke Romney said...

thanks for the update. I forgot to ask about the Huber family...looks awesome, but what did you do?? Hope you all feel better!