Saturday, May 2, 2009

Broadway Baby!

Lizzie had her dance recital the other night and danced to "Broadway Baby". I was so proud of her, especially since she's not one that likes to perform in front of people. In fact, after the dress rehearsal on Thursday, she said she was NOT going to dance in front of all the people - it was just too scary. But she did it and did a great job, hitting each dance move with exactness.



Grandma and Grandpa Jones and even Aunt Nicole came to watch!


Lastly, I think we're finally done with our crummy sickness after two full weeks of being quarantined from the rest of the world. At first we thought maybe it was the swine flu :), but it was just a bad cold/flu that lasted about 4 days. YUCK! Kirk and I got it last week, and Kirk even stayed home from work actually sick for two days. (Most of the time Kirk takes "sick" days we just play instead.)
Here's our daily doses of the meds we were taking (not counting the two bottles of Ny-quil we powered through). We also went through three bottles of ibuprofen and two of Triaminic - why don't they make those in gallon size bottles?
I don't mean to be a Debbie-downer posting about being sick, it just that I never remember being sick - I think I block it all out. Just a few weeks ago I commented to Kirk that I didn't remember the last time I was sick. I guess that's all it takes to bring it all on. I'll remember next time!

5 comments:

HooHoo said...

The performance was the best! Lizzie is the queen of Broadway for sure (family picture, much to Brynn's envy). I love the way she posed for each picture. She is movie star quality.

Gallons: go to Mexico! But wait, probably right now isn't a good idea. And I was so glad to talk to Riss today and hear a cheerful voice instead of a weak, coughing voice. Yay for being well.

The Jones Fam said...

This made me so happy. And I too noticed Brynn's obvious envy at Liz getting all the attention AND flowers! I so wish I could have seen Liz doing her dance. I can't picture that as easily as her funneling her aggression playing soccer. She rocks. Maybe she can teach Amy some of her dance moves this summer (she could use some pointers!)

Jake

Brooke Romney said...

Lizzie looked sooo cute! I'm so glad she was brave enough to perfrom. I'll bet she was so happy to be so fancy.

Tanya and Tony said...

I can completely relate to poor Babt Brynn! It's so hard being the baby and then having to share the attention that clearly belongs to us with someone else! ;)

Excited to have lunch this week!

And where does Lizzie dance at? Lace has been dancing at church but they are going to take a break in May until the fall, and she can't wait that long. She has informed us that dancing is in her soul. (Heaven help me!)

Glad ya'll are feeling better!

Kim said...

Where does she do dance? I'm trying to figure out an evening place that's inexpensive for Rachel to do dance. Any ideas????