My dad organized an awesome camping trip for our Jones family a couple weeks ago. We had so much fun hanging out together!!

Here are the kids: Oakley, Brynn, Liz, Amy, Marissa, Caleb, and Noelle.

Me and Miss were the "Moms".



We went up Friday morning, and Kirk came up Friday after work. My girls were so anxious for him to get there, you would have thought they hadn't seen him in weeks. Every two minutes they were asking, "When is Dad going to get here?" You can tell who the fun parent is!


Lizzie found a worm she lovingly named Slimy, which she loved until she accidentally ripped him in half. Oops!

Brynn and Oakely were in bug finding heaven! The found a few fuzzy caterpillars that they slowly tortured by trying to build them homes, feed them goldfish crackers, and carting them around wherever they went.

One of the highlights of the trip was going canoeing! We went to Blue Ridge Reservoir and paddled around the beautiful lake there. It was awesome!

Me and our little girls in our boat. I know I look like a dork wearing a life jacket, but I wasn't taking any chances in the ice cold water - plus I've been watching River Monsters and you just don't know what is in the water! There could be fish the size of elephants that could eat you whole!

Philip, Oakley and Miss

Jake was the lone adult paddler in his canoe, and ended up running into the sides alot of the time. His kids sure were cute though!

The best part was when Marissa and Noelle were getting in the canoe with Grandpa, and somehow the boat wasn't quite stable, so it ended up flipping over and dumping them into the lake. As the canoe was filling with water, Marissa was doing a pretty impressive backbend trying not to get wet, but after all that work, got dumped. Noelle grabbed Grandpa's bum trying to steady herself, then got embarrassed that she had. They survived though, and were the fastest canoers by far. (I think mostly because of Grandpa's muscles.)
It was so much fun and we're anxiously awaiting next years camp out when hopefully everybody can come!
3 comments:
Ahhh, such fun! You're pictures are great! I don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, we need to make this a yearly tradition- next time with everybody!
Jake
This looks awesome!!! I am so jealous!!! Where did you guys go? Where is it near, etc? I want to get Beth and Soph camping as well and am slowly trying to acquire camping equipment so we can maybe meet you guys next year. What fun! Hope to meet some of you in Utah for Robison F R this summer. Love you guys!
cj
Is there anything cuter than two little pajama clad people checking out bugs in the early morning? Or what about muscle man Jake? All great stories and pictures, and an activity that should become a yearly tradition. Next time I will not miss. Thank you for the great post. -Mom
Post a Comment