No, we're not saving the world. We've just been swimming too much, apparently, and the girls' hair is turning GREEN! This was Brynn's hair, totally green on the bottom (the picture doesn't show how green it really was), so I cut off about 4 inches. We still go swimming just about every day though, so what is the mother of four blondies supposed to do? I'd love any suggestions!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would refer you to my 5th grade first-day-of-school picture.
I'll bring you a kleenex box to cry with.
I haven't tried this but my sister-in-law does it religiously. Make sure their hair is wet and coated in a bit of conditioner before they jump in the pool. Supposedly this protects it from the chlorine. Then she rinses it afterwards. It sounds like too much work for me, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
I lived at the pool for half of my life, and yes, it does a number on your hair (luckily, mine is brown, but it still can get nasty!)
-Yes to the conditioner. Buy a cheap bottle of conditioner (Like Suave)and rub it in their hair before they get in the pool (wet or dry)every swim.
-even just getting the hair wet first really helps. Hair is like a sponge, and will soak that chlorine right up. So saturate the "sponge" with water first so it can't soak up the chlorine.
-I did this about every month, and it helped too: when washing your hair, put the shampoo in your hand, then add baking soda to it to form a paste. Wash your hair with it. (It's supposed to strip off the nasty stuff) Wash it again w/ just shampoo to get the baking soda out. Then deep condition it. Wholah! Beautiful hair!
Wow, I'm feeling very passionate about swimming hair right now...good luck!
I've seen tomato sauce work miracles too! It strips the green out and you only smell like pasta sauce for a few hours.
The baking soda method sounds easier though.
Someone told me white vinegar. I tried it, but I don't remember if it worked or not.
Not a lot of help, sorry. :)
Post a Comment