So, it's been a while. No excuses. I've been a lazy blogger as of late. But we have had a great February, so we wanted to share what we've been up to.
Lizzie has been our crafter as of late. She has probably wiped out an entire rain forest with all her crafting. She loves to do something like the Rorschach inkblot test, where she puts some globs of paint or glitter gel on paper and then folds it in half and then makes a picture out of the blob. This picture was for me because it has a M with a bow on it. Can't you see it?

Here's Noelle in her dress I'll tell about later, I couldn't get it to load right, sorry.

We had a great Valentines Day, complete with our family Valentine's Dinner. We kept with the Asian theme and had a fun 5 course meal where we sat at our low Japanese table to eat and read our homemade valentines.

We also had the Nielson family Valentine's dinner. Kirk's parents are moving, so this was the last big dinner at their house, so everything was very traditional and sentimental. We had what they always had for their Valentine's dinner growing up, fondue and twice baked potatoes, and got to hear about this being the "last time..." on everything.

My girls love Valentines Day, especially Noelle. She was planning, for at least 2 weeks prior, what kind of valentines she would give, and ended up making flower clips for all the girls in her class, including her teacher, to go with their valentines. She also made a new pink dress all by herself and wore it special for Valentine's Day. She must have been trying hard to impress the boys. (And it must have worked because she came home with a couple "special" Valentines.)

Marissa has also been stepping up her homemaking skills. She has decided that she likes to cook, so she'll come home from school and make us some yummy treat. Some of her specialties are orange julius, brownies, lemon squares, ect.

Brynn has been thinking about the future lately and has decided that she wants to be an airplane driver when she grows up. Her cousin Oakley wants to be a worker and her friend Sophie wants to be a mermaid. She asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I told her a mom, and she said "That's boring, your job is just cleaning", and I said, "I know".

Like I said, Kirk's parents are moving, just down the street, and we've been doing an Extreme Home Makeover for their new place. It will be pretty amazing, and I might be a little jealous of all the new great stuff. Kirk and his brothers are doing most of it. In fact they have renamed Kirk's brother Kent, who is the manager of the project, Ty Pennington. (the above picture is before in the kitchen, and the below picture is after - but not still all the way done)

Besides that, we've been pretty boring around here. We all got pretty bad colds the last couple weeks. After I had it last week, Kirk got the Man Cold, which is way worse. He was on the verge of death, but will hopefully pull through. (If you don't know about the Man Cold, you should watch it on youtube - it's fitting.)

I love these guys!
4 comments:
Love the post. Liz and Amy should get together for their non-green crafts. Isn't it great though when they can just get all the stuff out and work on creating something "beautiful" instead of waking you up early on a Saturday morning? And Marissa can just make everyone breakfast, so you're pretty much set... except you still have to clean, cause you're the boring mom.
BTW- Caleb told me he wants to be a dishwasher when he grows up. He really put alot of thought to it too. I told him it had to be something he enjoys and something that is honest, and that's what he came up with. Whatev.
And I want to read Marissa's special valenties. That's awesome.
Jake
This post captures so much. It's great. I love the tile in the new kitchen. Like Jake and Nat's you can't tell when it's dirty. I know that for a fact, because this boring mom could hardly find the pile for the dust pan. The only down side is that you could lose a whole pizza and never know it.
Your post was great! I totally forgot I was going to steal your V-day Asian tradition idea! But maybe we'll wait a few years so Chase doesn't just walk through it and Parker doesn't just kick it.
I have to tell you Aly you are so not just a boring mom that cleans! You're seriously my idol! Your girls are so happy and confident. They each have their own personalities and strengths and I think you do a great job of letting them be who they are. I know they are going to look back on their childhood with happy memories and be amazed by all you did! Your Great.
nat
What a great month! I love your idea about the Japanese dinner! I'm impressed that Noelle can sew! Can you teach me, too? :)
What a relief you dodged that Man Cold. I hear they are very serious. ;)
You don't seem like a boring Mom to me.
Post a Comment