Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dumb

The last couple days have been a little rough for me. I'll blame it on Jones Luck, blondness, or just plain dumbness. A couple mornings ago I took my girls to piano. When I got home I realized it was garbage day and our garbage can was not out (not my job, Kirk, *hint hint*). I had my keys in my hand, so I set them down on Kirk's Jeep bumper, and then immediately forgot about them. Kirk left to work soon after, along with my keys. I realized what happened when I went to pick up my girls from piano and couldn't find my keys anywhere. My girls had to walk home in the heat, and I went out on my bike, in my PJ's, to see if I could find my keys somewhere on the road. After looking forever, and riding at least a mile, and almost dying from heat exhaustion, I still didn't find my keys. They were lost and gone forever. Kirk was kind enough to make copies of his keys and bring them home for me on his lunch. What a sweetie! (My keys have since been found by our neighbor, who didn't bring them to us until two days later. Thanks, though!)
Then yesterday afternoon I backed into a guy in a parking lot. I just wasn't looking. Totally my fault. It didn't do any damage to my car, but about $250 in damages to the other guy's car, and made for a kinda cranky husband. Yikes!
I sure hope these things don't happen in threes, or I'm in serious trouble!

7 comments:

Leefamlee Treasures said...

I am so sad that you didn't let us bring the girls home! We surely would have done that!!! Love your girls and you!

Brooke Romney said...

oh man. rough week...I hate it when things like that happen. So sorry!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Tell Kirk not to be mad... sooner or later he'll be in that position and will need some forgiveness from you. Oh, and you/we are allowed one "blonde moment" per day, so you're totally fine!

MeL said...

This reminds me of a few years ago when I accidentally hit/barely bumped a guy on a bike with my car, and the next day got my hair shred in the paper shredder, and was a little terrified of what the third thing might be! I think you've had your share though and you'll be done with the crap for a while now!

Kim said...

oh man, we've all been there. hopefully those "fun" things like that don't continue for your sake.

Best Friends 4ever said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Best Friends 4ever said...

Mom we didnt have to walk home the Lee's offered us. (thank you Lee's!)
-Marissa