We celebrated Lizzie's birthday a couple weeks ago, but I've been slow posting about it. I just got back from church girls camp, so now my life that was put on hold can be reclaimed again.
I was trying to remember about when Lizzie was little. I gladly found a journal that I kept when she was about two years old. Here's a few fun/crazy memories:
**Whenever she heard the word "night-night" or it was time for bed, she would automatically close her eyes and snore "haa-shee, haa-shee". She put her head down on whatever was close: the table, her shoulder, your leg, etc.
**We went through a fun stage when Brynn was born, where it was hard to go anywhere. (Four kiddos under six=craziness!) One day we were at Target. Brynn was in her carseat in the front of the cart, and Lizzie was in the back basket of the cart. Liz was standing up, and then fell out onto her head on the floor, biting her tongue on the way down. She was screaming and bleeding like crazy. When she finally got calmed down, she just kept trying to fall asleep. She was totally in a daze and only responded "no" to any question. We called the doctor and figured she must have a concussion. We just watched her super carefully the next few hours and then were super excited when she returned to her normal busy, cranky self. (That's what I have written down. She has since turned into a sweet happy girl...most of the time.)
**She went through a stage where she liked to strip off all her clothes - especially when we went places. One day we were walking through Costco, with Liz and Brynn buckled in the front seats of the cart. I looked away to grab something and turn back two seconds later and Liz's shirt is off and nowhere to be found. She had somehow managed to take it off and hide it under other stuff in the bottom of the cart.
I was glad I actually journaled for six months out of my life, because I didn't remember any of those incidents until reading them again. I think I might have blocked out that time in my life, because it was a little crazy at the time. :)
We sure love our Lizzie girl! She bring so much happiness to our family! Kirk says you can't help loving Lizzie a lot because she doesn't give her love easily. You have to work hard and prove yourself everyday to get on her good side. She's such a great kid and adds so much to our family!!
5 comments:
Lizzie is such a sweet girlie! Thanks again for inviting Tabby!
These are fun memories of Lizzie. And you're right, the love has to be won each and every day, sometimes even hour, but the good thing is that she keeps coming back to try again. Sure love all seven years of her.
I love the pedicures! What a fun time!
Happy birthday lizzie! I'm dying to hear about camp and all the Gardens excitement. I'll give you a call next week!
We're big fans of Lizzie. I'm kind of sad she's outgrowing her "rotten" stage. Cute girl!
Jake
p.s. we're coming up this weekend to help Darick and Rebecca move into their new place (right in your neighborhood!) We'll have to somehow get together!
Post a Comment