So, I think I like this format. It covers pretty much everything that's been going on lately:
The Good:Noelle has been wanting to earn money for school clothes and accessories (mostly accessories), so she came up with a great plan all on her own to sell cookie dough to our neighbors on our street. She came up with a plan to make a few sample cookies they could taste, and then they'd be instantly hooked and have to buy. She got several orders and ended up making about 12 dozen cookie dough balls. Between the cookie dough and babysitting for a family in the ward, she made like $65 in one weekend. That's a lot of accessories! Watch out 5th grade!
The Bad:Kirk went to the lake with his brothers last week and had a great time wakeboarding and even slalom skiing (yes that hasn't been done at the lake since the late 80's, but Kirk rocks the slalom ski!). He got tons of great pics, even figuring out how to do the continuous burst on the camera so it takes tons of pics right in a row. Unfortunately, he somehow lost the camera between the boat and home, so none of the pics are able to be documented. (And we're out our semi-new camera that we really liked!)
The Ugly:This past week I've had strep throat and an ear infection. (Disclaimer: The beautiful tonsils pictured are not actually mine, but my sister Sara's when she had strep a few weeks ago - but since my camera has been lost, I couldn't document my own beautiful tonsils.) The first day I seriously thought I was going to die. I felt like I was swallowing razor blades, I had a fever and was burning up, but still had chills like crazy, and then my body felt like it had been run over all night long by a monster truck. I used to think I was pretty tough when it came to being sick, but I think I realized that I'm just never ever sick. I stayed in bed and slept for three days straight. My kids thought it was horrible that they had to make their own breakfast and lunches and pretty much fend for themselves. Noelle was my own personal nurse and always made sure I had a cup of ice water with a straw and plenty of pillows for me. I survived, mostly in part because of great kids, husband, friends and mother-in-law that helped with the kiddos.
5 comments:
That is so not fun being sick. Hope it is the last you see of it. That really stinks about the camera! There is nothing more painful than the loss of the camera.
We're glad you're among the living again. So sorry that we don't get to see the documentation of Nielson brother's dare devil tricks, but then, this way it can go in the hall of fame with some of the others from the 80's. I too am sorry about the camera. Maybe you can sell cookie dough and raise the funds for another, or better yet, get Noelle to do it for you.
Wow. That is an attractive picture of tonsils. ;) Did you tell Sara thank you for sharing the strep throat of death with you? Haha!
That Noelle is such an entrepreneur! I was going to suggest she sell some cookie dough to help with your cameralessness, but I see your Mom(?) beat me to the punch! Great minds....
Now you can get a swanky Canon or Nikon SLR and learn all about photography in your spare time this year, though! It's a sign, I tell you!
(Then you can teach me all you learn. We can start our own photography business together, just like everyone else is doing right now... Just brainstorming here. I know how you'll have all that free time this year.)
You POOR girl. You didn't even tell me. I wish I could have been there to help. I LOVED talking with you the other day. Glad you are feeling better.
Strep throat is AWFUL!!!! We sure miss the Nielsen family. We were talking about you guys just the other day. Stay healthy!
Post a Comment