Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of School!

Guess who's happy about school?! My girls all started school yesterday. ALL of them!!! It was the craziest thing taking them all to school and having them all stay there! I'm not going to lie and say it wasn't kinda great being able to clean my house and have it stay clean all day. But I'm also not going to lie and say I didn't cry a little and get super anxious for them to come home about 2:00 in the afternoon.
(Sorry about the crummy pics, our good camera is still gone, so I have to use Marissa's camera.)

Marissa is in 6th grade and started middle school this year. She had been planning her first day of school outfit for a couple weeks. She thought her sparkly Converse were the coolest thing ever and was so excited to wear them, especially because she has been asking to wear them every day for the past month. Middle school kids are at the same school, but switch between four different classes. She was a little nervous that she wouldn't know where to go, but was happy because her best friend Lauryn was in her homeroom class, and they found their classes together.



Noelle is the cutest 5th grader on the block! She was happy because she got the "nice" 5th grade teacher, but she was sad because none of her old friends are in her class. She said it was okay, but she sits next to the world's quietest boy. She said she introduced herself at the beginning of class, and he didn't even say anything back. It's probably good for our super talkative/friendly Belles not to sit by a talker.


Lizzie's in 2nd grade and also has the nicest 2nd grade teacher and has her best friend Gracie in her class. She was so excited to take in her bag that told all about her. Inside it had a picture of her family, what she did this summer (Disneyland pic), her favorite book "Fantastic Mr. Fox", her favorite candy wrapper (Butterfinger) and something in her favorite color (purple lip gloss). She decorated the front so cute with a cute picture of herself, sparkles, hearts and peace signs(?).

Brynn was a kindergartner this year! I can't believe how big my baby is!! She was so excited to go to school like the big girls. She was a little nervous because she's the slowest eater, and I've been having her practice eating fast so she can eat her lunch by the end of lunch period, so she was stressed about getting it all eaten in time. She was so lucky and got to sit at a table with two of her best friends from church, Sophie and Cambria (it helps that all of their last names start with Ni). We'll see how long they last sitting there, or if it will be just too much fun - their primary teacher made bets that it wouldn't last long. :) When we were going to bed last night, she asked if she had to go to school tomorrow. When I said yes, and that she gets to go every day all school year, she was kinda bummed. She thought it was just a super fun one day adventure.



Happy school days!!

3 comments:

Sara! said...

Yay! I was wanting to call and get the lowdown, but this is better, with pictures!!

I'm glad it all went well but am a little sad Liz didn't wear her glasses. Maybe she's saving them for library day.

You girls are gorgeous!!

HooHoo said...

Yes, Yay! Rissa's camera did great at documenting. The girls are beautiful. How did Brynn do today? I'm betting that Belles can bring the quiet boy out of his shell. She's got skilz!

Brooke Romney said...

I can't believe it. I'm glad you were okay. they all look so darling and will be super star students. Give them all a big hug for me. So glad we got to catch up!