Monday, June 27, 2011

Kayaking!

Yes, we're back. Not from anywhere, but just from being a blog-slacker. I realized that I have to blog for my family's sake, because I have the world's worst memory, so if I don't I write it down, I won't remember it next week. So, here goes a little catching up.









We recently got a couple kayaks to add to our family. Our girls have had so much fun learning how to "drive" them, and are actually quite the naturals at them. Our maiden journey was out to Tempe Town Lake. We loaded them on top of the car (it only took about 2 hours - but Kirk has it figured out now, so it's not quite such a process).






The girls paddled around the lake and even went under the bridge.


At first Lizzie was a little nervous (terrified) that she was going to sink, but once she got it, she didn't want to stop.



Even Brynn was able to do it by herself, but we didn't get any pics, and she was too busy playing in the sand to be bothered with trying again so I could get a picture.






After an afternoon of kayaking, the girls were dorks in the car while they waited for Kirk to get the kayaks strapped in (another 2 hours). :)






A few weeks later we took them out one morning to Saguaro Lake. The mountains around the lake are so pretty. The girls get sick of us always telling them to look at the mountains, and have in fact shorted the saying to LATM (look at the mountains).





















We stayed and paddled and played until the beach started filling up with people. I guess we didn't get the memo that you're supposed to bring several canopies, gallons of beer, and really loud music and plan on staying your life there. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

rachelle lee said...

how fun!! what a great idea! where can I get some kayaks?!