Friday, October 7, 2011

Marissa's Birthday

It's official! Marissa is a teenager!! She turned the big 1 -3 last Saturday and couldn't be happier!


She woke up bright and early to open presents which were some amazing teenager-ish things like clothes, perfume, jeans, beach dresses and shoes.
We had a great day enjoying her birthday by watching conference. She was thrilled. :) She did get to go to lunch at Panda Express with her friend Lauryn and Noelle, and then go shopping at Target for a while between sessions.
That night she had a few friends from the neighborhood come over to play capture the flag, kick the can and hide and seek. They had a great time and thought that it was great to just get to hang out. (That's the good thing about 13, it's still young enough that anything social you do is awesome, so it doesn't have to be a big and impressive party.) So fun!
Here's the crew: Maddie, Natalie, Darcie, Camille, Marissa, Ethan, Rylan, Matthew, Lauryn, Matthew and Noelle.
After singing Happy Birthday (really loudly), eating chocolate mousse, everybody showing off their piano skillz (really loudly), and quite a bit of flirting, we called it a night.
Marissa really is so much fun in our family! She is growing up to be a daughter that I'm proud of in so many areas! She's a good friend to everybody, is always happy (at least to everybody not in her family), a great student, a good example as an older sister, a great piano player, and an all around great girl. Love ya Riss!!

4 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Um, WHAT? She is not hanging out with boys and thinking it's fun. I'm not ready for that. How cute are they all though? Happy Birthday Riss!

Lyric Payne said...

What the crap? When did I give permission for Marissa to become a teenager? And when did I give permission for her to have a boy/girl party? It was fun to look at that picture because Steve and I recognized quite a few faces, Marissa and Noelle being the cutest of course!

The Jones Fam said...

Happy late birthday to Riss and Kirk! Sorry we're lame. I think last Saturday we said, "Hey- today's Marissa's birthday." And that's as far as it went. We love you though!!

Jake

Leefamlee Treasures said...

I just LOVE LOVE my little Marissa! Its the highlight of my week when your girls show up with their BIG smiles for piano! Sweetest EVER!