Friday, December 21, 2007

Kid of Character




I remember my mom saying, "What a character" about us when were were being crazy when we were growing up - and I think that about Marissa upon many occasions. But the other day her character made us so proud! At the girl's school they have a "Character Counts Program" where they talk about different aspects of character each month. Well the other day at an assembly that we were invited to, they honored some of the kids that had showed good character this year. Each class honored someone in each of these categories: respect, trustworthiness, and responsibility. Then each teacher chose one student from their class that had shown good character in each of the categories, even when teachers weren't around, and were just all around kids. Guess who is our Kid of Character?! MARISSA!! Way to go girl!!

2 comments:

The Ayers Family said...

I would have voted for her too! What a great example she is as a big sister!

HooHoo said...

Good character is so important. Marissa is an all time, all around, good character, and she is cute too. We're proud of you Riss!