If I was a nice mom, dah dah ditty ditty doo.... (Isn't this the song from Fiddler on the Roof?) Anyways, we have this great tradition that my family all loves, that I have to admit I really hate - it's making gingerbread houses each year. Each year we spend way too much money buying every candy in the store to decorate hot-glued graham cracker houses that by the next day have half of the candy eaten off of them. My kids all have a major sugar high by the end of the night and probably 10 more cavities, and the house is a crazy wreck. But it's all well worth it for a good time and great family traditions, right?
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love when you post something new! We actually just did our NEW tradition of gingerbread houses on Sunday.. yet to be posted! It was such a great time.. girls vs. boys.. you can guess what the outcome was!
I think it looks fun, and you are the greatest mom around. I'll admit, I'm done with sweets and candy already, but I only have till Jan. 1st till my NY Resolutions starts, right???
I've still got, "if I were a rich man" tune running through my mind with your "mom" words running through my mind. Make sure that the end of the phrase ends with "dum" (not "dumber"). I love your traditions. Thank you Marlene, wherever you may be.
I agree with you, I am not to fond of the whole gingerbread house thing, but Jeff grew up doing it & Jacqueline loves it. I too use graham crackers or the ready made kits, I'm a slacker! You are the cutest mom though! My motto is, 'sometimes we just gotta take one for the team', this is one of those times. You have the cutest family ever, they are all so beautiful!
Someone told me that they make their gingerbread houses during halloween time, cuz it's always so crazy at christmas...hmmm not a bad idea...I loved it as a kid too..my mom says after about 10 years it gets less work and stress for the moms!!! there's always hope!!
Post a Comment