Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter "Eggs"travaganza!

Happy Easter! Does anyone else love Easter as much as I do? I love the cute pastel colors, the fuzzy little chicks, and getting to dress up my kids in fluffy pink dresses. We had been out of town all week for Spring Break (pictures and post to come), and I hadn't gotten Easter dresses for my girls yet. At first I thought it would be fine, but ended up making Kirk stop at the store on the way home to find some dresses, because I knew that if we went home and unloaded stuff, that all the stores would be closed. Thankfully, I found some cute matching-ish dresses on the first stop. (I'm a sucker for matching dresses. I'm sure someday soon my girls will hate me for this, but for now they're stuck matching for just about every special occasion.)
Then Monday night we had the annual Night Easter Egg Hunt at the Nielson's. Kirk's mom does an Easter egg hunt at night in the dark, where the kids have to look for the eggs with a flashlight. It's lots of fun, and the kids look forward to it every year!
Here are the little girls getting ready to go.

Brynn found several eggs and even a teddy bear.

Here the bigger cousins are getting ready to go. For the big kids, some eggs have dollars in them, so they are fighting and pushing each other out the door. **Marissa and Noelle figured out how to style their hair this "fancy" way all by themselves - and no we don't let them do this when we actually go out in public.
Noelle taking time out to get a picture during the egg hunt. Don't even think about asking Marissa for a picture though, she was all about the hunt!

My girls also had a blast dyeing Easter eggs with Grandma Jones. Lizzie had blue arms for a couple days. What fun!


10 comments:

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

What a great idea to do an Easter egg hunt at night! I'll have to remember that for the future. Your girls are all so beautiful, and they look so cute in their matching dresses. I'm a sucker for matching stuff as well, but for now I don't have anyone but Savannah to dress up each day! Oh well... in years to come...

The Jones Fam said...

The girls are so pretty! Especially Riss and Bells with their HOT hair-do's. Love it.

Jake

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

love the idea!! will have to steal that one!

Kim said...

Love the night egg hunt idea! So fun! The girls look beautiful in their dresses. We did the matching dresses too, though we even matched ties to the dresses. Much trickier but fun.

Cassie and Chad said...

Very pretty little girls! Looks like fun with the flash lights at night.

Nicole said...

What a fun tradition with the night egg hunt! The girls look beautiful. You have such a gorgeous family!! Heaven help any young man who decides to date a Neilson girl (when the time comes of course)!!

The Jones Fam said...

Pretty, pretty Nielson girls! I actually like their fancy hair! I love the matching too! I can't wait to for the spring break post! You guys are such a fun family!
-Nat

HooHoo said...

Beautiful girls! Worthy traditions and good parents! Nielsons are awesome!

brooke romney said...

All right, they are so cute, and I LOVE the idea. Where were you when I was writing my Easter article??

stephanie said...

so cute, i can't believe you have to get 4 girls ready, that would take me forever, we are always late now as it is, i would be really late if there was 4 girls to get ready :) they all look so beautiful!