Over Spring Break our family took a week long vacation in Newport, California! It was so much fun just hanging out together and with Kirk's parents!


Some of our favorite parts of our vacation were:
Hanging out at the hotel.We loved swimming at the pool, and in the "hot-cuzzie" like Brynn calls is, playing pinball, air hockey and the claw/crane game in the game room, and just hanging out! I think Kirk can make anything fun!

**Ask Noelle to tell you the story about the chubby Southern kid that was "helping" her play the claw/crane game and asking her "Why, Snickers your favorite?" about two inches from her cheek. So many funny stories involve the claw game!
Going to Disneyland and California Adventure!!
I have to admit, I love Disneyland, almost to the weird loving Disneyland point. I would almost consider getting crazy amounts of souvenirs, and being the weird lady that wears Mickey Mouse ears all the time, if all the hooplah wasn't so expensive. We loved riding all the rides, seeing the parade, and the fireworks! Amazing!

Our girls did a great job waiting in line patiently, especially since we were there with the rest of the state of Arizona it seemed!

This was Marissa and Noelle's first time going on Space Mountain, and Kirk did a pretty good job freaking them out beforehand, telling them that any time the strobe-ish lights out front blinked that that meant that someone had fallen off the ride. They were brave and rode it though, and agree with me that it's the funnest ride around!!

We also went to California Adventure, which in one word is: lame. Our girls liked it, but Lizzie was maybe a little freaked out by all the rides so she rode the carousel pretty much the whole day.

We loved eating our combined weight in churros! YUM!

Kirk, Marissa and Noelle went on the river rafting ride a total of three times, twice being at the very end of the day and ended up getting soaking wet. What a fun ride home wearing drenched clothes!
Hanging out at the beach!
Why don't we live near a beach?! Our girls loved looking for sea shells, building sandcastles, and even playing in the freezing water. They could have played all day, every day!
10 comments:
way fun trip, i love california and ESPECAILLY disneyland--looks like you guys had a blast!
What a fun trip! I love the picture of your girls at the beach... they are all so beautiful.
It's always a party with the Nielsons. Good thing you didn't tell me about this trip in advance because I probably would have crashed your party! I am also one of those wierd disneyland freaks, but only when I step into the happiest place on earth. After that, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing mickey stuff!
Priceless pictures to capture the memories. Just a couple of observations: 1) the river rafting gets you wetter than the beach, 2) G & G Nielson are the all time nicest grandparents to share their time share, 3)the lady behind Liz needs to pull her shirt over her love handle and 4)your girls are the cutest around.
What a fun trip! I am so jealous! I love the picture of Kirk and the girls after the River rapids ride. John and the boys have the same picture, unfortunately they went all those times after dark at the end of the night in December. They were dying when it was said and done, but LOVED it! And as for the crazy woman in the mickey ears, we all got ears when we went on this trip and we all wore them after we got them, though as a consideration to my hubby, we didn't get them until the last two hours of the trip there.
That just looks like to much fun!!! We are all kinds of jealous over here of you guys!!
Yes, it is funny how at Disneyland, something suddenly overcomes you to make you think, "Yeah, I think it WOULD be really cool to wear these adorable Goofy ears all day!" Or, "$50 for this amazing Minnie Mouse tee it TOTALLY reasonable!" I heart Disneyland! So glad you guys got to go. What great memories for the girls! I love that Kirk was trying to freak out Riss and Belles about Space Mountain.
Jake
Such cute kids!!!! I mean all y'all! What neat parents to take the kids on a super fun vacation complete with churros. (All I do for my kid is make her squint at a rock and drink WATER for a treat-referring to Beth's latest post). You guys rule- did any of your daughters think the robotic pirates on P's of the C's (I just figured out I cannot spell Carribean) were actually Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom [check me out-I'm hip *commence macarena*] ala Alyson's well-documented sight, or lack thereof?
Wow! What a fun trip!!! We are planning a trip in MAY and we can't wait. The kids keep putting stickers on their calendar of "good behavior" so it may take a little longer than MAY to fill it out.. ha ha but we'll hopefully have as good of a time as you did. GREAT picture of the girls on the rock at the ocean. it should be framed
SO FUN!! You remind me AGAIN that we need a vacation. I love the picture of Brynn jumping off the pail. Perfect.
Post a Comment