Tuesday, April 15, 2008

32!!

Last week I celebrated my 32nd birthday, and as the primary song goes, I'm definitely 1 year older, but not necessarily wiser too (especially since I just had to spell check wiser!).
My birthday was on Sunday, General Conference Day, so we celebrated all weekend long.

On Saturday morning, my sweet girls woke me up with a birthday activity where I picked an activity out of a hat, and then they had a menu of options for that activity.


Luckily, the first thing I chose was breakfast in bed. I opted for the safest of my options there and had Cocoa Krispies and fruit, but then suffered from cereal crumbs in my bed all day.


You can tell I'm getting older though, because my favorite parts of my birthday were: hanging out at Barnes and Noble with my sisters and mom during priesthood session, finding my old piano song book, playing Alyson Trivia at my parents, Kirk making strawberry pecan stuffed french toast for my birthday breakfast, watching General Conference all day, hearing from family that called to wish me well, and getting Power Tunes (to torture my kids into having good attitudes and such).


Thanks everybody for making it a wonderful day!!


18 comments:

Jamie Hammond Photography said...

happy birthday! i feel like a jerk since i just talked to you the other day!

so...what are water pills? some new diet i should know about?? :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy birthday!!!!

HooHoo said...

One year older and prettier too.

HooHoo said...

And, can I say, your girls loved every second of the planning. Don't they look so pleased with themselves?

Jaime, when the girls told us what was on the menu, there was a distinct comma between water and pills, although water pills might be a consideration for after 40 fat. But that's a ways down the road.

Kirk and Aly said...

Yeah, it should be water (comma) pills. And my pills are really just multi-vitamins. Maybe I should clarify this with my kids so they don't think I'm a pill-popping junkie.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Happy Birthday Alyson! I'm glad you clarified on the water pills thing. Too funny. Your girls are so sweet to pamper you. What a fun birthday!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Your girls are so fun to wait on you like that. I bet you had the time of your life. Isn't that why we have kids, so they can feed us breakfast in bed? Your family is so fun...good job!

Biddle Family said...

Happy Birthday! So my question is how do you have such great hair when you all wake up???? Seriously! I was going to ask about the water pills too.. ha! Hope you had a great day! You're the coolest!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun weekend, but yes, I'm glad to know what "water pills" are! You are too funny!

porterjule said...

Lucky!!!!!!You have the most awesome husband and children!!!I'm going to make sure i show your bday royal treatment to jason and maybe he'll get the hint. Tell me your blog address exactly, otherwise i won't be able to link it on my blog. I'm clueless like that.
Julie Porter

The Jones Fam said...

Where have I been? I have missed some fun/funny post!! First off, spring break looks amazing! Sometime we need to go as a family and I will where the Mickey ears with you and the guys can wear Goofey hats! Second, I love your girls. Noelle should come live at my house for awhile so she can see what a MEAN MOM really is! Or I am sure Caleb would be happy to fill her in on his sufferings... and last Happy Birthday. You are so pretty! Wait to be hot, fun, and hip-to-the-boppin!
-Nat

The Jones Fam said...

I really should proof read BEFORE posting the comment. It is suppose to say "Way to be a hot, fun, and hip-to-the-boppin!" Sorry.

The Fletchies said...

I think someone in your family needs to do a post about birthday trivia. it sounds really fun, so you guys should teach us your fun traditions. All we do is sing like fifty versions of happy birthday...not as fun. then you can impart on us your extra year of wisdom. Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

THIRTY TWO?!?!? I could have sworn you weren't a day over 26!!!! What a fun day! Happy Birthday!

Sara! said...

I'm hoping you didn't choose the "roal" treatment. I apparently chose it at some point and somehow can't manage to get rid of them around the mid-section. And, I love Nat's bragging on how hot she is! :)

amanda p. said...

you are the HOTTEST 32 year old I've ever seen! I think you look so young.. that last picture of you in a black shirt... holy cow! What an attractive mama :) Happy birthday and way to have the cutest family ever!

Cassie and Chad said...

Happy Happy Late Birthday!!!

brooke romney said...

Happy Birthday baby! You are the cutest mom ever, and you've created the best girls ever.