Noelle jumped on the bandwagon too, so we decided to go ahead with the new style. My sister-in-law, Sarah, cut their hair last night and gave them each a little bang action, and they couldn't be happier. It was like a whole new world for them - everything was being done for the first time.
Here are some new bang quotes from Marissa and Noelle:
On the way home:
"This is my first time riding in our car with bangs".
"That was the first time Mom slammed on the brakes with my new bangs".
At home:
"This was the first book I ever read with bangs".
Jumping on their bed:
"Did you see how high I can jump with bangs?"
"I was the first one to touch the ceiling fan with bangs".
Man, if I would have known it would bring so much excitement, I'd have done it a long time ago!
7 comments:
They look so cute! I love the picture of you too. I'm sure it was the height of fashion at the time.
Why were you slamming on the brakes? Once again, your girls are hilarious. By the way, could you please ask your mom to whip me up a couple of pinafore outfits for my girls...like the adorable one you are wearing! It had to have been made with love my mom!
This is the first comment I'm leaving on your blog with Marissa and Noelle having bangs!
Those girls are so clever and funny! I loved reading about their whole new world with bangs. And your bangin' bangs of the 80's will make a comeback someday.
It was so fun to read your updates!
Jake
I think it was the "Big Bang" theory that you were worried about. When Marissa says, "This is the first time my bangs could stand six inches high with this hairspray," we'll know why you were worried about bangs.
Funny, cute girls make the ear bang fairy happy.
I LOVE their bangs. I imagine they look in the mirror every chance they get.
Alyson, those girls are growing up WAY too fast. They're gorgeous! As are their new bangs. My poor girls had bang trauma as well. I would scotch tape their "bangs" to their foreheads and then trim them that way. Not a good idea. (the home perms weren't a big hit either.) Thank heavens some things change! Love, Aunt Dona
my first bang experience (after the whole mom cut them back to the crown of my head thing) was in 8th grade and did not go as well, my friend and i made up an i got the bang blues song :)
Post a Comment