Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nine-er Noelle!

Noelle’s birthday has come and gone, but I wanted to blog a little about my awesome new nine year old girl!
Here are 9 random facts about Noelle:
1. When Noelle was born, her name was going to be Hailey. It was on the announcements at home and everything. Then in the hospital, during labor, we were watching the news and saw that Hailey was #3 top girls name of 1999. We knew that our little girl was going to be special, so we didn’t want a crazy popular name, so one of the nurses suggested Noel, since it was just two days before Christmas, and we changed the spelling to make it pretty and a girly name. So, Noelle it was.

2. She also was born with a crazy amount of black hair, and dark skin, and it kinda freaked me out wondering if somehow somebody had switched my baby at the hospital and I didn't know.

3. Her best friend: without question – Marissa. Always has been, hopefully always will be.
4. Noelle loves her birthday. Some people don’t like their birthday to be right around Christmas, but Noelle, our party planner, makes sure her birthday doesn’t ever get overlooked.
5. She loves to decorate and rearrange her room. Any time I ask Marissa and Noelle to clean their room, I go in a couple minutes later to find Noelle, cleaning out every drawer, desk, and table, so they can rearrange their few items of furniture that can be moved.

6. I think someday Noelle will be a nurse. Whenever anybody in our house is feeling under the weather, she goes all out for them. She makes a special bed for them on the couch, brings them cold water (preferably with a straw), bring them books or things to do, and hovers over them until they get feeling better.
7. She loves accessorizing. For her, the bigger the earrings, the better. (Double click on the picture to see how big those things are!)

8. She doesn't like chocolate. Can you believe that? I recently found out that she's been trading her Ding Dong from her lunch every day for some other kids' nachos or french fries or some other gross school lunch item.
9. She loves the color brown. Not necessarily as her favorite color, but loves, loves, loves to wear the color brown. The other day she came out wearing brown pants, a brown shirt, a brown sweater, and brown shoes. The reason? She says that “brown is my color”, and it probably is with her pretty, dark brown eyes.

Happy Birthday Noelle!
"We love our Belles, our Bouncy Belles! "
(This is what Kirk sings to her every time he sees her.)

2 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

I just love that girl. I think if I were a little bit younger (like 25 years) I would want to be her friend...her best friend. Move over Marissa. Actually, I would want to be Marissa's best friend too, so we could just become a trio. Okay, I'm spiraling here, but seriously, your girls are the bomb. I'm hoping that Max loves blondes, and that we stay in touch enough for him to hook up with a Nielson hottie someday.

Brooke Romney said...

I'm pretty sure she should have been mine! I think she is so great. I wish you would have added that she talks to adults like they are her best friends. Happy Birthday!