1. These are definitely not running shoes. Here's the background on this realization: The other day I was getting ready to run out the door to go help in Marissa's class. Brynn was the first out the door, and was kindly holding the door for me, when out ran Buddy (our super cool dog). I go chasing after him, and he runs crazily through the neighborhood. He'd kindly stop and wait for me to just about catch up to him, and then he'd take off again. I chased him for a good 20 minutes. I almost quit a couple times, my only motivation for catching him was that we just got a big 50 lb. bag of dog food and I didn't want it to go to waste. I got two blisters on my feet from all my running, and showed up late and sweaty to Marissa's class. Next time he runs away, I think I'll let him go, and then post signs for whoever finds him to keep him, and we'll bring them our 50 lbs. of dog food for taking him off our hands. ARG!
2. 173 tickets at Peter Piper doesn't get you much. Actually she did buy one more finger catcher thing, and put them on both her fingers and toes, but had to cut the toe one to get it off.
3. In the hunting world, I guess a tan truck is too conspicuous. If you spray paint cacti on it, it not only makes it camouflage, but it also makes you official WT. (This is our next door neighbor's amazing artwork. He also skins dead animals in his garage if anybody wants some hunting/skinning ideas. He's pretty hardcore!)
4. Buddy looks dumb with his hair shaved off. We took him in to get groomed, and they almost called Animal Control on us because we let him get too shaggy. I guess you're supposed to bathe and brush dogs like him - EWE! So they had to shave him down, so now he looks as crazy as the poor dog is. Free dog, anyone?
4. Buddy looks dumb with his hair shaved off. We took him in to get groomed, and they almost called Animal Control on us because we let him get too shaggy. I guess you're supposed to bathe and brush dogs like him - EWE! So they had to shave him down, so now he looks as crazy as the poor dog is. Free dog, anyone?
10 comments:
I have a crazy dog too. Wanna start a stupid dog club? Is he fixed? We got our crazy dog fixed and he calmed down a TON!
I'm sorry you have a dog.
Jake
So our dog aka Satan runs away all the time. And I used to chase after her but now I don't care. And unfortunately, she always comes back. p.s. If they are going to call Animal Control on you for not washing/brushing your dog, we will be thrown straight into prison for our fur neglect.
Um, Alyson, this is why you should have learned from my mistake and NOT gotten a dog. We spent $200 at the vet this morning for his annual visit and shots, and I kept thinking, Duke are you really worth it?!?! When is the last time I spent $200 on myself?!?!? AHH! I love the chasing story though, that is priceless. What was his punishment when you finally caught him?
Notes to Al:
1) Blisters hurt but I bet you were graceful while running in your cute shoes.
2)175 tickets may have got her a clown nose too.
3)If all you could see was the camo truck you'd have a hard time answering Grandpa when he asked, "notice a change in the vegetation"?
4)Buddy is smart, smarter in fact, than he looks. He helped you with your morning workout so you'd give him the royal treatment with a haircut and everything.
5)You make me laugh out loud.
Is that John's truck? What the heck has happened since we left.
I love this post and hate your dog. Sorry. You are funny and I miss you!
-Nat
You're too funny!! Thanks for the great laugh-it made my day! Sorry about the dog-I'm just glad my daughter is allergic-phew!
I'm crying right now from laughing so hard at your post. You guys are great.
I won't call animal control about the unbrushed hair but I will report the harsh beating you gave Buddy when you finally caught him. You should give him to Dad. Bruce loves him so much that any time he comes over he wets. Talk about love!
Post a Comment