Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Amazing Nielson Feats!

Marissa has been reading and pouring over the Guinness Book of World Records lately, and recounting to us all the amazing feats of others. She's been pretty amazed at how long people can grow their fingernails, that someone can eat 25 glass cups, and the world's longest hotdog is 55 feet (but they were cheating she thought, because it looked like it was just 55 hotdogs lined up next to each other- lame!).
I decided that my kids are pretty amazing, too! So I'm here to share a few of their amazing feats with you!
Liz: She is the tallest girl in her class! All the other kiddos come up to her shoulder! I went on a field trip with her class a few days ago, and she might just be the funniest girl in her class, too! She also is wiggling her front tooth night and day, because she wants to get on the tooth chart as being the first kid in her class to loose a front tooth. (Actually, one kid already lost his, but supposedly it doesn't count because it got knocked out when he was doing karate.)




All my girls: Are the most amazing entrepreneurs for their age! A couple weekends ago they decided to have a bake sale with their friends. They spent all morning baking cookies and brownies, and then all afternoon selling them on the corner. They made like $45! Maybe we'll have to start doing this every weekend! I was surprised that so many people would buy and then eat food that kids had made. Thanks though!



Noelle: (Sorry, no picture to match) Noelle has the best handwriting, especially cursive, of any 4th grader around! She's super proud of it too! She will have me give her a word, any word, and she will write it, then I have to admire how nicely she has written it. Funny girl! She has also decided that she really likes reading, and in fact might even be a librarian when she grows up - but mostly because her librarian at school has made some sparkly pens, and maybe she could do that too, if she was a librarian.


Marissa: She is the best skateboarding girl around! She recently kinda figured out how to balance and turn, and is now a real pro! Guess what she wants for Christmas? I'm pretty impressed - especially since she's 1/2 Jones, who are not generally known for their coordination skills!


Brynn: Brynn is my little musician! She has this natural ear to be able to hear a song and then find it and play it on the piano. Book of Mormon Stories is her all-time favorite song, so I showed her how to play it once, and she just picked it right up - even the left hand. She has a pretty good repertoire of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Ode to Joy, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and Book of Mormon Stories. Go Brynn!

So maybe this post was just a bunch of bragging about my kids, but I'm their mom, so I'm allowed to think they're pretty amazing!

2 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Aly, your my favorite mom. And you have great kids! You should be proud. I love it when our kids get to play together and how excited they get to play with their Jones cousins.
=Nat
ps do you think Brynn could teach me how to play the piano? I'm kinda jealous.

donkeybray said...

Your gaggle of girlos is amazing. I cannot believe that Marissa is nearly a teenager--she looks like her MOM! Especially when she wears glasses. You have such a neat family and it's always fun to read about your adventures and everyone's accomplishments. Alyson, you're on the short list for mother of the century. love, aunt dona