This Christmas, Santa thought we needed a little extra encouragement to be good, so at the beginning of December he left this note on our doorstep:
Dear Nielson Girls,
It's the month before Christmas, but I've been watching all year
To see if you've been naughty or always full of cheer.
As Christmas gets closer you always need to be nice-
Because if you are naughty you may pay a steep price.
But Santa is busy, I can't watch you myself;
So I'm sending one of my most trusted elves.
Each day he will sit and watch what you do-
If you're bad he will see it, if you're good he will too.
Each night he will tell me how you acted and played
He will do that each night, until Christmas Day.
So be good Nielson girls 'till I come to town,
And watch for my elf, 'cause he will move around.
Love, Santa
P.S. Never, never, never touch the elf - he bites!
My girls were so excited to have an elf come to their house! Brynn promptly named him Kyle, and it just stuck. He showed up that first night perched on top of a cupboard, sitting really still and watching. Each night he goes and tells Santa how they've been, and comes back and sits somewhere else. It's somewhat of a contest each morning of who can find Kyle first. Brynn and Liz are deathly afraid of touching him, and super nervous that they will wake up one morning with Kyle snuggled up by them. As a mom it's been great to have such a visual reminder for the girls to be good, and sometimes all I need to say is "Do you think Kyle can hear you?" to quickly change behavior. Fabulous!!
4 comments:
I think Kyle's cousin is at our home. We have an elf very similar to Kyle that our girls named Doodle. He is a welcome addition to our family because he too sees & hears EVERYTHING!!! Love this new tradition. Cute note that came with Kyle too.
Okay, you are seriously the cutest and funnest, not to mention smartest mom ever! How lucky for your girls that Kyle is spending so much time with you and is Santa's right hand man!
And hopefully Kyle isn't as mean as me, because I think that snuggling up to the little girls would be REALLY really funny.
This is a great idea...where did you get your elf or did you make it?! He needs to arrive next year at our home!
I think I would be scared to wake up with Kyle snuggled up to me too! I have been meaning to talk to Santa for years about getting an elf at our house...maybe next year. Good idea Al.
-Nat
Post a Comment