At Easter time, we always use all the "egg" jokes we can, it never gets old, just "egg"-citing!
This year we kept the egg dyeing tradition alive! On Friday we got together and dyed eggs at my mom's house. The kids all did great coloring on eggs, then dipping and dyeing. So fun!!




Here's some of the final product. My girls each dyed six eggs, and then wanted to bring them all home to show off. What in the world can you do with two dozen hard boiled eggs?

In the middle of it all, there was a knock on the door, and the Easter Bunny was there. (It was some funny/strange lady from my mom's ward all dressed up.) First, she took a picture with all the kids.

Then she insisted on taking a picture with all the adults, so we all awkwardly joined in with her. Bless her heart!
The weather was perfect! The kids all went and played outside for hours.

Brynn and Oakley had fun getting chased by Grandpa and the lawnmower. (That's safe, right?)

Liz has perfected her hula hooping skills.

Brynn and Oakley

Marissa can climb any tree
Then Sunday night we got together with the Nielson Clan for the annual Easter Egg Night Hunt. We forgot to get flashlights ready for the event, so we only had one that had batteries that worked, so we had to dig out our emergency flashlights that you have to wind to charge them. The kids would wind, then hunt for about two seconds before it would die out, then wind again. They were at a serious disadvantage. They still scored though!
Marissa will kill me for this picture in about three years.

Liz and Brynn happy about their loot.

Noelle wrangled the head beam flashlight out of one of her cousins so she could actually find something. I think it's a real fashion statement!
Great Easter fun!
6 comments:
fun, fun fun! so lucky you have grandmas to do the easter fun for you.
Your girls are darling anyhow, anyway they are dressed! Loved the Easter traditions!
Okay, I'm still so sad that I had to work and missed out on all the fun! Next year, dibs on being included for sure!
Um, that picture of Marissa is my new favorite thing ever. I kind of want to make it my screen saver. We all have those adorable pictures of us right?
One of these years we are going to do the night hunt. I love that idea!
It's official, I'm going on a diet. Maybe I should just run from the lawnmower and get a workout though.
Your account of this day's happenings are so accurate and entertaining at the same time. I think you guys are pretty hilarious.
Post a Comment