To celebrate our anniversary, Kirk and I went on a little trip to California. You can't go wrong there! We decided on our trip that we love to vacation and try new things, so we should probably become professional travel agents or vacation reviewers. Or maybe I should just review our vacation for you. I'll rate everything from 1 ♥ - 5♥'s with 5♥''s being the best. Here goes:
Our hotel ♥♥♥♥: We got our hotel off of Priceline or somewhere like that for dirt cheap. It was a nice resort with a golf course and great views of the mountains. We loved the grounds and the rooms were really nice, but it was like 20 minutes from downtown San Diego and the beach, so we spent a lot of time in the car.
San Diego Temple ♥♥♥♥♥: The temple always gets 5♥'s right? We kinda have a tradition of doing sealings on our anniversary to remember the covenants and promises we made when we got married. The San Diego temple is BEAUTIFUL! - but I was a little sad because the atrium that they have inside was curtained off because it had been damaged with all the rain they had had recently. Also, there are a million stained glass windows that are so pretty, but they are doing some work on the outside of the temple, so all the stained glass windows were papered off too. Jones luck!
Hike at Torrey Pines ♥♥♥♥♥: We found a little hike online that said it was only 3/4 mile and ended on the beach. We thought that sounded like fun. What it didn't tell us was that you had to climb up a crazy steep mountain first and then walk back 2 miles on the beach. Our legs were burning on the way up! It was so pretty though! The view from the top was amazing! We loved it and both agreed that it was probably our favorite thing we did.

(See that mountain behind us? Yes, that's what we hiked.)

Eating out ♥♥♥♥♥: I love eating out and not having to worry about cooking! Some of our favorite places we hit were Jake's in Del Mar, Pacific Coast Grill, and Hash House A Go-Go.

(don't laugh at my double jointed thumbs - I can't do a normal thumbs-up)
We had heard about Hash House A Go-go on Food Network, I think on Man vs. Food from the crazy amount of food that they serve. The show had featured the one in Las Vegas, so when Kirk found out there was one in San Diego, he knew I'd be excited. Their slogan is "Twisted Farm Food", but I think it should be something like "More Yummy Food Than You Can Possibly Ever Think of Eating". Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I had pretty high expectations, but it was amazing!! I got french toast that was dipped in banana cinnamon cream that was basically a loaf of goodness.

Kirk got a banana nut pancake that was seriously like 18 inches big and 2 inches thick. Delicious!!
Other things we did that we were lame and forgot our camera for:
Kayaking in La Jolla ♥: We went with a little tour group and kayaked into the ocean to see leopard sharks, dolphins, seals and possibly whales. We thought it would be a fun adventurous thing to do, but I was totally freaked out of my mind. I had visions of being dumped into the ocean and then being pulled under and eaten by sharks. We've kayaked before, but just in a river, and this was a whole different ballgame with waves and the vastness of the ocean. After all the trauma of paddling for our lives to get through the waves and having waves crashing over the top of us, did we see anything at all? No! But if freezing your rear off and having near death experiences are your thing, you might like it. My wetsuit that we rented, and the Dramamine I took so I wouldn't get sea sick definitely get ♥♥♥♥♥!
National Comedy Theater ♥♥♥♥♥: We went to a comedy theater that does shows that are audience participation based, kinda like Whose Line is it Anyway?, that is family friendly. It was really funny and they kept us laughing the whole 2 hours! It was a fun, different thing to do that cost just as much as a movie. So fun!!
The Beach ♥♥♥♥♥: We love love love the beach! I don't know how many times we said, "Why don't we live here?" while we were there. It was great just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful sunny weather. It was an unseasonably warm weekend while we were there, so all of San Diego was out at the beach, but it just made for some fun people watching times.
Being with Kirk ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥: Just the greatest! I love this guy and have loved the past 14 years and can't wait for 14 x 14 more!!
4 comments:
Super cute post. Glad you guys had such a great time.
So the kayaking is the only thing that you would delete, if you did this again? Hash House A Go Go looks like something I'd like to take on--- oh my word lots of food. As for the temple, I guess you'll just have to try that one again. It is beautiful. I'm glad you two continue to have fun together. You're an amazingly cute pair.
Sounds like sooo much fun, except the Kayaking! So glad you had such a wonderful time!
Thanks for the post. We are going to down to San Diego in a few weeks and so now I have new restaurants to try and maybe I'll even try that temple thing!! Happy Birthday, you have a really funny card coming in the mail because I don't want you to forget me!!!
Post a Comment