Marissa was chosen as the Student of the Month for her whole school last month! The teachers all nominate someone, and then the teachers vote on it. So, as part of this, she got the Citizenship Award from the Mayor at the city council meeting on Tuesday! We are so proud of her!
"Marissa is always aware of her surroundings and the people around her. She is always willing to help when a volunteer is needed. Marissa will also help to make our classroom better by taking it upon herself to straighten up our room and our reading area. She is a genuine person who does things for the good of others and doesn't seek public thanks. With a constant smile,
she brightens the day."
I couldn't agree more! She is a great girl and we love her so much!!
**As a side note, we had a little bit of a stress out right before the ceremony. I had been shopping all day to find her something new and cute to wear. She wanted something dressy, but I thought she could wear a cute top with jeans. Around 3:00 that afternoon, Kirk called and said he had been checking past pictures of recipients online and they were all pretty dressy. So, we needed a skirt to go with her new shirt. I knew that I hadn't found one earlier in my shopping, and that I had some black fabric at home, so I decided I'd just whip up a little skirt for her. I sewed frantically for a couple hours, and ended up with a really ugly skirt. She tried it on and her face just fell, and I couldn't disagree. It's like an hour before it's time to go, so I take one of my old pencil skirts that's too small (sigh), and cut it down to make this cute skirt for her. Isn't she adorable? Then to add to the stress right then, Kirk called from work to let me know that when we had gone to lunch that day, we had accidentally switched key rings, and mine didn't have his Jeep key on it. So, we were trying to figure out how I could go get him from work 45 minutes away and get back and still make it to the ceremony on time. After a few stressful minutes, he found a ride home, and we all made it to the ceremony just in time. Yay!
7 comments:
Way to go Marissa! If only the world could be full of lots of girls just like Marissa! We are one of her fans!
Marissa is totally Miss Congeniality, or another Miss Teen Image in the making. As for the stress, no one would have ever known---you guys acted cool as cucumbers.
So what if I got all misty-eyed reading about how awesome Riss is!
Jake
Soooooooo stressed out while I read this!!!! Way to go Rissa! She looks beautiful!
Way to go, Mom!
Outstanding! Congratulations, Marissa!
Wow. This rising generation of grand nieces and nephews is gonna be awesome if the Nielson kids are any indication.
Thanks, Alyson, for taking the time to blog and keep us up to date on your family. Long-distance aunties really appreciate watching you all grow up and seeing you blossom. Love, Aunt Dona
Great job Riss, and so glad it all worked out. My boys would vote for her too!
Way to go Marissa! I am super impressed again with you though, that you can sew well enough to take something of yours and turn it into something so beautiful for her and on such short notice!! Way to go Alyson!
Post a Comment