Last weekend me and the girls went with my family to the Gila Valley Temple open house. My girls were so excited. We had had a family home evening earlier that week where we talked all about the temple and the beautiful and special place it is. Their excitement made the three hour drive there almost unbearable, but we made it. When you first get there, you go to the church right next door to watch a little movie about the temple. When we walked in, Noelle said "Wow, this is so beautiful", I was like "Noelle, this is just the church". She said "I know, but it's just so pretty". I agreed but thought it was funny because this "beautiful" church looks just like our church at home. The girls loved seeing the temple and feeling the special Spirit that is there.
Afterwards, we went to go visit my Aunt Dona who lives nearby. Her beautiful flower garden was a close second on the amazingness scale. The girls talked all about it and told all their friends about Aunt Dona's beautiful flowers.


Aunt Dona further solidified her awesomeness when she let each of my girls pick out some flowers to pick and put in their own little vase to take home, with jelly marble things to make it extra pretty. If only I could grow flowers like that - maybe my girls would think I was cool. :) (I got these pictures from my mom, since I never take pictures at important things, so I don't know why they are so small.)
4 comments:
Alyson, at the risk of sounding reeeeeeeeeeally corny (but sincere), if I was as good at growing little girls into big ones as you're doing, I would consider THAT the most awesome thing in the world. I am constantly amazed at the things you've done and continue to do with your girlos. A fine crop, indeed. PS: Thanks for the kind words. Sure enjoyed your visit!
I love the pics! What a great thing to make the sacrifice to go up for the open house. We talked about doing it but I couldn't motivate myself to do it. :) What a great example to your kids you are!
This was a very sweet day. The girls were almost bursting with the excitement as the day just got more and more amazing. I agree with Dona about your little chick growing crop but also am so completely amazed at her artistic creativity with growing greens and flowers.
How fun. Can't wait to hear more about it!
Post a Comment